Cielo Talent is currently conducting an executive search for a Vice President Talent Acquisition and Workforce Planning on behalf of our client, University of Maryland Medical System.
The VP Talent Acquisition and Workforce Planning demonstrates decisiveness, gets into the details, and models the organization's cultural values and attributes, while implementing the Talent Acquisition operating model to deliver improved processes, tools, strategic programs, and delivery channels to increase ROI and efficiencies. In addition the VP, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Planning provides leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to the Talent Acquisition team and hiring leaders on interviewing best practices, offer recommendations, negotiating/creating job offers, closing, and administrative functions involved in full cycle recruiting.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Oversee Talent Acquisition programs and processes, ensuring adequate resource allocations, budget, timelines, and deliverables.
- Oversee the full-cycle recruiting process; setting policies and processes for different parts of the process, measuring KPIs for each part of the process, understanding market competitiveness and coordinating recruiter communication, leading the interview process to ensure a strong positive candidate experience, and providing interview and feedback training
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps, recruiting, and developing talent, mentoring, and succession planning.
- Collaborate with the CHRO and other senior HR leaders to refine and execute a comprehensive talent plan to build a sustainable talent pipeline across the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) Member Organizations (MOs).
- Demonstrate a ‘best in class” service delivery mindset in working closely all levels of leadership to align talent acquisition resources to support and achieve all needs.
- Analyzes statistical data to validate the selection process and criteria Benchmark organizational performance in talent acquisition and implement best practices to strengthen the talent acquisition process.
- Establish a seamless partnership with the Compensation team to ensure job offers align with internal equity and market competitive objectives.
- Lead the development and execution of professional career paths across MOs. Work with functional business leaders to identify critical skills, competencies, and experiences required for advancement.
- Direct the development and execution of best-in-class onboarding processes programs to ensure a differentiated new-hire experience.
- Define and oversee the Talent budget. Work closely with the CHRO and senior finance leaders to effectively manage the expense and ongoing investment in talent.
- Track and measure outcomes of initiatives and programs to determine their efficacy and ensure alignment with forward-looking strategic priorities; implement talent scorecard to drive focus and outcomes.
- Deliver a consistent suite of talent assessment tools; advance organizational capability to identify, develop, and retain talent (i.e., selection, development, and team effectiveness).
Education and Experience
- A Master’s degree with a concentration in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of Human Resources or related management experience is required. Experience in a healthcare or service-oriented environment is preferred.
- Experienced in evaluating and implementing tools, processes, technology, and infrastructure required to attract, retain, develop, and grow the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience in end-to-end talent solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in leading organizational change or transformation initiatives
- Participate in decisions on the overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Ability to think strategically, understand business needs, and translate ideas to action that have real organizational impact
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing complex information to all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to influence and partner with stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to lead collaborative teams across functional areas.
- Ability to establish priorities, develop policies, and allocate resources.
- Actively builds the next generation of leaders within the Talent function by coaching and managing multiple teams of subject matter experts.
- Business Development
- Business Administration
- Team Building
- Relationship Building