Summary And ScopeThe Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis will have an active role in a wide variety of financial reporting for various operational departments, clients and client projects, such as gross margin reporting and analysis, budget reports, and forecasting. The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis will have superior organizational and time management skills as s/he will be expected to work multiple projects at the same time. This individual must be detail-oriented, have strong analytical skills, possess the competency to understand the business and user requirements, build actionable reports and clearly communicate the findings from analysis to those leaders best suited to influence change.Position Responsibilities
- Receive budget estimates from various channels and critically examine for correctness, accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor the budget throughout the course of each project to track expenses and revenues vs. budget and reforecast and analyze fluctuations
- Maintain budget and reforecast information in the accounting system
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments to report progress and changes in budget
- Responsible for making sound business judgments in dealing with client inquiries, escalating select issues to the Finance Manager as appropriate.
- Understand and ensure that the profitability of the agency and clients are met on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Understanding of Adaptive software which is our budgeting software is a plus
- Must have the ability to handle multiple clients, projects, and deadlines and a high volume of financial transactions
- Possession of strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to understand and establish appropriate priorities
- Ability to put together the information necessary to produce yearly plans
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required.
- 4-6 years financial management and budget management experience, preferably within the media industry, ideally in digital
- Possess superior Excel skills
- Proven analytical problem solving skills in a complex space, attention to detail, and exceptional communication & organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with operational business partners
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Ability to work responsibly with minimal direction
- Financial Analysis
- Master Of Business Administration (Mba)