The Director of HR will be a motivated, thoughtful, results-oriented, collaborative leader responsible for strategically directing HR initiatives as they relate to the line of business goals and performance.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this key leader will lead a small Regional HR Team in all aspects of human resources to ensure our practices are consistent, sophisticated, and progressive.
This role is perfect for the leader who loves variety in their workday, thrives on leading a dynamic team, and is passionate about making a difference in their workplace.
The Director of HR will act as a trusted advisor for one of our lines of business and will work with leaders to drive organizational effectiveness and talent engagement with an emphasis on leading culture change that enables leaders to develop a diverse, high performing team. You will drive performance management, engagement, retention, and career development to inspire our people to love where they work. To be successful, you must be both strategic and hands-on, motivated by the challenge to build culture at scale, and dedicated to enabling customer-centric HR solutions that ensure OBE’s long-term success.
What You'll Do
- Execute overall HR strategies that drives a high-performing, highly engaged culture.
- Work with business leaders to collaboratively execute on the long-term vision for key talent initiatives that consistently improve effectiveness and help us achieve our overall business goals.
- Drive future organizational design and change management initiatives to help maintain a high-performing, motivated, and impactful team.
- Engage with HR COEs and business leaders to build and execute effective people programs and processes which will support the business. These include (but are not limited to) team member relations, leadership development, talent assessment, building our hiring brand, diversity planning and succession planning.
- Execute long-range growth planning that impacts the engagement, performance, training, development, and retention of our workforce.
- Partner with leaders to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs to deliver business objectives and support overall business goals.
- Assist with the design and delivery of programs and initiatives to attract, retain, and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Analyze HR trends and metrics to develop solutions in collaboration with the business. Design and oversee multiple, concurrent projects working collaboratively with teams in support of business objectives.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of progressive HR Business Partner experience, to include leading a team, in fast-paced, high rate-of-change environment.
- Manufacturing experience required
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Prior leadership experience with multiple levels of professionals is critical.
- The proven ability to influence and drive organization, process and technology change, and change with leaders to align the people strategy with business goals and growth.
- Proven success in delivering high-impact people operations programs around performance management, culture, engagement and retention.
- Proven ability to consult, partner, and influence senior leaders across the organization.
- Effective communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills applied at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates empathy to drive diversity, equity & inclusion strategies.
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action.
- Strong team player willing to roll up their sleeves to get the work done and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, while thriving in a fast-paced work environment.
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching to members of the organization.
What OBE Offers You
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- 10 Holidays (inclusive of 2 floating holidays)
- Market competitive 401(k) match
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
At OBE we strive to build a culture that embraces all employees and creates a great place to work for everyone. We do this by:
- Empowering experienced and entrepreneurial managers who have a customer-first focus at all levels.
- Building teams of demand creation specialists, technical sales, and local customer sales/support talent.
- Identifying a deep bench of talent with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets to drive robust decision-making and ensure our ability to promote from within.
- Executing formalized talent management processes that ensure all employees have the best in market skills
- Performance Management
- Training And Development
- Senior Professional In Human Resources
- Workforce Planning
- Industrial Relations
- Succession Planning