To maintain the Credit Union's accounting records and reports, insuring they are in compliance with generally accepted accounting practices and credit union accounting practices.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
25% Instructs or assigns work to bookkeepers, accounting clerks and other employees engaged in general accounting activities.
25% Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
20% Analyzes financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
20% Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports.
5% Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
5% Coordinates accounting matters with other departments and locations.
1. To maintain all assigned accounts such that they are always in balance and current within 5 days.
2. To produce all management reports within prescribed time frames and with zero errors.
3. To perform all month-end activities, including balancing accounts and producing financial statements within 5 days after the end of each month.
4. To provide informed, professional assistance to others in the Credit Union regarding accounting and finance.
5. To keep management informed regarding key operating issues affecting the department.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field). Must have a CPA.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: A bachelor's degree in accounting and experience with automated data processing systems including PC software programs and mainframe system.
- Financial Statements
- Financial Analysis
- Data Analysis