As a Teacher at Primrose School of Woodbury NY located at 90 Crossways Park Drive West, Woodbury NY, 11797, you will help young minds explore, discover and understand the world around them.We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Teacher to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning approach to teaching and learning.
This a full time position, working days are Monday through Friday. Upon successful completion of a 90-day introductory period, full-time employees are eligible to have Primrose School pay up to $150 for medical and dental, with the balance owed by the employee. If applicable, discounted child care is also available to full time employees who are in good standing after their 90 day introductory period. Primrose School of Woodbury NY is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.Primary Responsibilities:
Desired skills and experience:
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Woodbury NY and the local LI and New York state regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning curriculum and programming.
- Plans with the Director the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Woodbury NY Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
- Must be passionate about early education
- Must meet OCFS requirements & maintain up to date training requirements
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
- Mandatory Associates, Bachelors, or CDA in Early Childhood or related field mandatory
- Child Development
- Preschool Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Discussion Groups
- Social Development
- Primary Education