Accounts Payable Support Specialist
Manassas, VA - Open to remote but prefers hybrid
- Responsible for work necessary to ensure high volume accounts payable invoices are processed timely, accurately, and in an efficient manner.
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc. with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Handles PO invoices inclusive of 2 and 3-way matching -Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders
- Handles vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Files, maintains and distributes accounting documents, records and reports
- Assists AP lead with necessary duties assigned as required, including supporting the department's effort to implement supplier ACH payments
- Assists with monthly status reports and monthly closings
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department
- Part-Time with possible transition to full-time to align with department workload
- Hybrid schedule with 1-2 days per week in-person at our Manassas, Virginia headquarters. Remainder of work to be completed remotely.
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding and adherence of internal controls to maintain financial security
- Must be a US Person
-College Degree preferred
- SAP by Design, SAP or other equivalent system experience
- 3-5 years of AP experience in a government contracting environment
- Solid background with payables and receivables
- Financial Analysis
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles