Epic Analyst & Developer
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of an Epic Analyst & Developer for a contract-to-hire position in Richfield, MN.
- Currently hiring for an Epic Analyst & Developer to work as an Epic Client Systems Administrator (ECSA) within the Epic Core Team.
- The ECSA is responsible for installation, configuration, upgrades, support, monitoring, and maintenance for Epic Client Systems infrastructure.
- This is a full-time position with an option of working remote or on site.
- The Epic Core Team is responsible for managing Epic environments, Epic Client System Administration, Epic print set up, Epic Data Courier Admin, etc.
- The Epic Core Team works closely with our Cache DBA's, Virtual Hardware System team, Application Deployment team as well as Desktop, End User Computing, and a Support Center.
- Knowledge of Hyperspace Web, Interconnect, System Pulse, Kuiper, Hyperdrive, BCA, BCA Web, Care Everywhere, Haiku and Canto, MyChart, and MyChart Mobile.
- Provides analysis and input regarding hardware (e.g., Workstation requirements), analyzing current capacity and anticipated needs.
- Works with Server Group to monitor utilization and provides analysis on potential capacity issues.
- Analyzes and researches system, process, and data problems.
- Performs system testing, verifying that system changes do not affect interfaces with other systems, affect data storage and processing.
- If possible, performs unit testing, sending data through system code to verify the correct output.
- Coordinates testing needs, such as servers, capacity, and database support with IS&T staff.
- Assists application analysts with the creation of test plans, gathering test data, and creation of any hard output.
- Participates in monthly Epic downtimes as coordinator, testing, validating, and communicating.
- Responds to critical situations as defined within our Service Level Agreements.
- Participate in on-call rotation with the team (night call approx. every 6-8 weeks)
- Maintains current knowledge, trends, technology of Epic application software, O/S, data bases interfaces, and maintains a strong working knowledge of security and confidentiality requirements for patient data.
- Performs any needed Masterfile maintenance, reconfiguring Epic set up, printer/output setup, and menu creation for user access, documenting any changes and maintaining historical records for auditing or governance purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience/training
- 3+ years IT analysis and technical design experience
- 1+ year experience coding, testing, and implementing program changes
- Proficient verbal and oral communication skills.
- Solid desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio.
- Experienced in Server troubleshooting (windows).
- Knowledge in web server technology and IIS.
- Participate in and support development of technical solutions.
- Epic Client Systems Administrator/Epic Client Systems Manager Certification.
- Epic Chronicles Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Familiarity with Epic MasterFiles
- Understanding of dependencies of other ancillary applications and interfaces to the Epic systems.
- Knowledge in scripting language such as: Batch script, java script, Visual Basic or PowerShell.
- Knowledge in web development and design - HTML, CSS, and
- Project management experience.
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!
- Data Analysis
- Data Management