Job Title:Operations Manager
Job Description:This position isresponsible for directing, controlling, and coordinating all aspects of plant production in order to maximize the long-term and short-term profitability of the company.
- Work with Team Members to develop good working relationships and high morale.
- Perform administrative duties and seeing that objectives are being met.
- Lead production teams to create a work environment which reflects a commitment to employee safety, product quality, food safety, and positive employee relations using Lean and Continuous Improvement Techniques through company values and behaviors in action.
- Communicate with Team Members on project timelines and tasks that need to be completed immediately.
- Promote positive relationships with the community through personal involvement and support of local government and community programs.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety requirements to protect customers and consumers, - including all state and federal regulations.
- Develop and train Team Members; hold monthly safety meetings and group discussions; and troubleshoot areas that might cause problems with production.
- Compute quarterly figures and their relationship to objectives.
- Handle Team Member grievances and perform other responsibilities as the need arises.
- The position will also fill in as acting plant manager in their absence.
Education:Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Experience:10 plus years related experience in a manufacturing plant required. Two years of managerial experience required. Food manufacturing experience highly preferred. This position requires an essential understanding and control of the production process maintenance shipping receiving sanitation quality assurance accounting safety human resources and material management and is responsible for entire plant operation in the absence of the Plant Manager.
Computer Skills: Standard computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
Communication Skills:Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Special Skills:Display sound judgment and decision-making leadership and organizational skills. Flexibility to work off hours on a routine basis to provide guidance and training to a three shift 6-7day operation.
- 2620 N. Belt Highway St. Joseph, MO 64506; walk-ins accepted Monday's and Thursday's 9:00am-11:00am and 1:00pm-3:00pm
816-273-0038; to schedule and appointment with an Employment Specialist
- expresspros.com/stjosephmo; register and fill out your online application
Powered by JazzHR
- Quality Assurance
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Operational Performance