The Assistant Financial Center Manager II generally has more experience and provides exceptional customer service while attending to customers' needs. The AFCM creates and fosters a cohesive team and promotes a positive work environment while overseeing the Financial Center Service Reps who perform both routine financial transactions and/or customer service functions. May cover multiple branches within the region. Assists FCSRs with more complex tasks and schedules the work flow.
Demonstrates sound judgment and accountability with operational standards. Provides leadership, conflict resolution, process improvement and communication to the Financial Center Service Reps. Responsible for performing audit functions, participates in daily branch opening and closing procedures and required to perform operational tasks, coaching and performance management.
In the absence of, or assisting the Financial Center Manager, responsible for the overall branch management including but not limited to operations, sales management and productivity.
- Responsible for managing and executing the operations of the teller line
- Is the second in charge in the branch and is the acting manager in the absence of the Financial Center Manager
- Ensures all FCSRs are proficient with operations and compliance as it relates to their job
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly scheduling and coordination of teller line workflow
- Operates a teller draw and/or fills in on the platform as needed
- Ensures all FCSRs and themselves actively & successfully participate in the internal sales process on a daily basis to meet all referral and sales expectations
- Assists the Financial Center Manager with the accurate completion of the branch monthly self-audit program
- Observes, coaches and develops FCSRs on an ongoing basis
- Recommends and implements the performance management process with FCSRs as needed
- Required to travel & work at other branches as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Supervises Financial Center Service Reps
- Good interpersonal skills, including listening, written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid math and analytical skills
- Ability to understand and follow safety and security practices
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proven ability to build relationships through consultative conversations and to identify customer needs and translate those needs to sales opportunities
- Strong customer service/advocacy skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good PC skills; and the ability to quickly learn other computer programs, including Microsoft office
- Ability to evaluate others on their performance
- Ability to effectively coach, develop and manage staff performance
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 2-5 retail banking experience
- Supervisory experience preferred