You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Lidar Analyst
Lynker is currently seeking a Senior Lidar Analyst to support the U.S. Department of Agriculture Geospatial Technologies and Applications Center, who shall be responsible for supporting the National Geospatial Services project.
- Apply LIDAR analysis and geospatial technologies to address natural resource applications including change detection, monitoring, extraction and classification of information from imagery using supervised/unsupervised image classification, and feature extraction technologies.
- Conduct product accuracy assessment and identify and apply new and innovative approaches to geospatial analysis and modeling.
- Develop, manage and analyze LIDAR and geospatial data sets, including: Bare Earth, Canopy cover and other unique and disparate data and information, to support resource management projects that range from local to broad scales in size.
- Evaluate and apply new LIDAR and associated technologies (e.g., new sensors and platforms, software technologies, data processing and analysis methods, data mining, geospatial modeling, UAV data extraction and interpretation, etc.) and assess their feasibility for use to support FS information needs.
- Prepare scientific and technical reports and geospatial training materials for evaluation and development projects.
- Certification or degree in non-related discipline along with related experience to geography, geographic information systems, remote sensing, or physical / biological / environment / natural resource discipline with substantive coursework in geospatial analysis and modeling, and seven (7) years relevant work experience, OR
- Bachelors degree related to geography, geographic information systems, remote sensing, or physical / biological / environment / natural resource discipline with substantive coursework in geospatial analysis and modeling, and five (5) years relevant work experience, OR
- Master's degree related to geography, geographic information systems, remote sensing, or physical / biological / environment / natural resource discipline with substantive coursework in geospatial analysis and modeling, and two (2) years relevant work experience, OR
- PhD degree related to geography, GIS, remote sensing, or physical / biological / environmental discipline, including emphasis or coursework in geospatial analysis and modeling, and one (1) years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated LIDAR analysis and applied remote sensing experience.
- Demonstrated experience in processing, analysis, and modeling in FS enterprise geospatial software applications, including Esri ArcGIS and ERDAS Imagine.
- Demonstrated experience with LiDAR, PhoDAR, Volumetric Measurements, InfraRed applications, Digital Surface Models (DSM), Orthophotography, Point Cloud Generation.
- Preferred experience with AGiSoft PhotoScan, GOM Media Player, Blue Marble Geographics Global Matter, ENVI, ImagJ, and Exiv2.
Lynker is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers' scientific and technical priorities creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MjIyMjoyMi0wMDA5NS0yNDI3
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.