The TCIA (Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory) Practice is comprised of a diverse group of tax professionals with numerous years of experience, who help clients with expert tax planning. The group offers unparalleled knowledge and service in the area of tax credits and accounting methods and helps companies identify and realize value-added opportunities.
We are currently looking for a subject matter expert to assist us in our R&D practice leading software project calls and drafting technical project write ups.
What does your day look like?
- Provide tax consulting services as it relates to the Research and Development Tax Credit
- Understand common software development methodologies, programing concepts, architectural design patterns, and popular computer software terms, such as programming languages, backend database schema, messaging ques and techniques, etc.
- Conduct technical interviews, within the context of Section 41 to gather qualitative details as to how client’s work meets the definition of qualifying research activities
- Review technical documentation to draft project narratives to document how client projects meet Section 41 guidelines
- Work with team members to scope Research Tax Credit benefits, conduct Research Tax Credit studies, perform tax technical research, and interact with clients in a wide range of industries
What you need for this role:
- Recent industry experience in software development, consulting, or engineering preferable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering, technology, information systems, accounting or finance
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Swift, Kotlin, Java, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, or similar, in addition to working knowledge of database structures and concept, machine learning algorithms, and cloud computing (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure) preferred
- Knowledge of common computer infrastructure concepts, web-based or n-tiered architectures, performance tuning of databases and middleware
- Written and verbal communication skills to conduct technical interviews with technical management, solution architects, and product owners to gather qualitative details and write up project narratives to summarize findings
What we offer you:
- Our shared values that foster inclusion and belonging including uncompromising integrity, collaboration, trust, and mutual respect.
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you.
- A collaborative environment focused on enabling you to further your career growth and continuous professional development.
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing.
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work.
- Opportunities to connect and learn from professionals from different backgrounds and with different cultures.
About Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. “Cherry Bekaert” is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit .
Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality which includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act:
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at and follow us on , , , and .
© 2022 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.
- .Net Framework
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Java (Programming Language)
- Sql (Programming Language)
- Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
- Visual Basic (Programming Language)