COME JOIN OUR GREAT TEAM OF GROCERY PROFESSIONALS!
Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Assistant General Manager for our metro Detroit locations (St. Clair Shores, Clinton Twp., Troy and Bloomfield Twp.)RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with effectively managing the store, meeting or exceeding company standards and goals, in conjunction with the Store Manager.
- Plan, assign and direct work to department employees.
- Assist with overseeing department personnel, including but not limited to: training, time and attendance, employee purchase policy, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing the ordering of products in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Assist with planning product distribution to customers and work with suppliers to arrange purchase and delivery of all necessary products and supplies.
- Assist with addressing and resolving customer and employee complaints.
- Assist with the interviewing, hiring, training and proper development of grocery associates, including performance appraisals, rewarding and disciplinary action.
- Become familiar with all products carried in the store including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of items.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, dating, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection.
- Check and verify department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered per quality standards.
- Positively contributing to the gross profit of the department by properly monitoring labor cost, food cost, production, food presentation, quantities, waste and rotation.
- Maintain good communication within the department, in the store and throughout the organization.
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, organized, attractive and friendly department.
- Greet customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service.
- Motivate associates to achieve company sales, merchandising and customer service goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Must have previous grocery store management experience.
- 3 years or more related experience and/or demonstrated ability, required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Food Management Certification, preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through).
- Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Ability to multitask, maintain a positive attitude, problem solve.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
- Interpersonal Skills