Pella Windows & Doors of North Carolina is dedicated to making your window and door projects a worry-free experience. We offer the entire Pella window and door line of productsproviding homeowners, contractors, architects and engineers innovative solutions and customer satisfaction since 1925.
Pella Windows and Doors of North Carolina is looking for a Field Service Technician in the Raleigh and surrounding areas. This position is responsible for servicing our Pella products in area homes while providing exceptional customer experience. Successful Field Technician candidate have a desire to learn and a positive outlook to turn challenges into opportunities. Construction experience is a plus.
**Sign-On Bonus: A sign-on bonus of $2,500 is being offered for this position. Certain terms apply. Further details will be provided upon hire.**
Why work for Pella Windows and Doors of North Carolina and Southwest Virginia?
Culture- We are a team oriented company. We believe in our employees and strive in improving the lives of those we touch.
Benefits- Comprehensive benefit packages
Growth- We believe in our employees and encourage them to grow both personally and professionally. As a company,, we invest in our employees.
Work- Life Balance- We take pride in our employees having a well work-life balance
Our People- Here you will work side by side with very knowledgeable people in the industry and build relationships that last.
- Knowledge of residential construction and the ability to use hand tools is desired.
- Must be able to work from ladders and scaffolding and work well unsupervised.
- Candidates need to be neat in appearance, a good listener, a problem solver and personable with good communication skills for direct customer contact.
- Qualified candidates will be highly dependable
- Computer experience preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for repairs and adjustments, which may include such tasks as replacing glass or installing items such as window shades, blinds, muntins and roll screens.
- Also responsible for the preparation of field reports on product problems, collection of COD receipts and maintenance of service order and billing paperwork.
- Awareness of service-related issues and the administration is a critical backbone to the support function of this position.
- Responsible for preparation and cleanup of work area with careful attention to courtesy toward the homeowner's belongings and surroundings.
- Additional duties as specified by management.
- Ensuring quality customer service.
- Responsible for driving a company vehicle.
- Responsible for reporting any maintenance needed for the company vehicle.
- Responsible for keeping company vehicle neat and clean.
- Qualified candidates will possess 1-2 years of related education/experience, particularly in the area of building materials or construction.
- High School graduate required; some college preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required.
Benefits we have:
- Base Pay
- 401k/ 401K Matching- 50% up to 6% after 1 year
- Profit Sharing
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)- First of the month after 30 days of employment
- Life Insurance
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Pella Windows and Doors of North Carolina and Southwest Virginia is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Pella is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.