Join the Solar For All Revolution!
At PosiGen, we provide our Technicians with a career, not just a job. You will be an integral part of the Field Operations team in Philadelphia, partnering with different teams within the organization to ensure PosiGen standards are met.
Salary range: $20/hr - $24/hr
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct a physical site inspection using a variety of equipment and tools including but not limited to; measuring devices, hand tools, various ladder types and sizes, Multi-meter, Shade analysis Tools and installation related smart phone apps.
- Prepare quality control documentation of photovoltaic installation sites and energy efficiency upgrades for upload to shared database
- Follow organization policies and procedures including OSHA requirements. Complete OSHA training as required
- Interact with customers on a daily basis; representing PosiGen to the - highest standard
- Commission PV systems
- Attend organization and other trainings and meetings as required -
- Determine insulation levels in both attics and walls
- Conduct home energy evaluations/assessments and solar assessments, which will require entering residential attics, basements and crawl spaces; climbing ladders; interacting with homeowners; and generating a computerized report to the customer
- Perform visual checks of age and condition of HVAC equipment and ducts
- Perform visual checks of windows and weather-stripping
- Complete an energy use data collection form to capture home data
- Provide support in managing and tracking jobs
- Troubleshoot PV systems, repair and complete warranty work.
- Prior experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site auditing experience is preferred; photovoltaic installation experience is preferred
- Proficiency with computers and various applications including MS Office, as well as a general disposition towards learning technology including the use of online platforms such as but not limited to Dropbox, Salesforce (CRM) on various devices (laptop, tablet, and smart phone)
- Ability for and no fear of working from ladders/scaffolding or working in confined spaces such as crawl spaces or attics, under mobile homes
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and clean driving record, proof of personal vehicle insurance, ability to meet insurability requirements for the companies automobile insurance policy
- PosiGen is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in the search process should notify the Office of Human Resources.