Job Title: Electrical Designer - Distribution
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job type and Duration: Contract to Hire
Our client, a global architecture and engineering company, is currently seeking an Electrical Designer to join their Transmission & Distribution team at the Global Headquarters
The Electrical Designer will work within the Transmission and Distribution group to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the design of low to medium voltage (2.4-120kV) distribution and sub-transmission lines using CADD.
- Prepare construction documents including plan and profile drawings for overhead and underground electric distribution, fiber optic, and telecommunications facilities.
- Provide field support during construction.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practices but may involve a variety of complex features.
- Requires general knowledge of precedents in specialty areas and familiarity with basic principles and practices in related specialties.
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Leaders in Technical Recruiting & Staffing since 1965
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workforce
- Bachelor’s degree in drafting technology or related field and eight years related experience or an Associate's degree and ten years related experience or eleven years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Field experience is desirable.
- Expert understanding of design software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, GIS, and Excel to develop the design deliverables.
- Expert knowledge in design, calculations, and design systems.
- Expert knowledge in the theory and practices of civil discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other attribute or protected characteristic by law. If you need assistance applying, please get in touch with us directly.
- Variable Frequency Drive
- Motor Control
- Control Panels
- Distributed Control Systems
- Wiring Diagram