Job Title: Data Center Technician
Reports To: Project Manager
Promotes To: Data Center Technician II or Lead Technician
SHIFT: 2nd Shift - 2pm - 10pm and 3rd Shift - 10pm - 6am
FieldLink is a network infrastructure staffing company helping people find rewarding careers in the Telecom and Low Voltage Industry
. We specialize in customized staffing partnerships with industry leading integrators responsible for large commercial projects and government contracts nationwide.
We are hiring for Data Center Technicians at a brand new build in the Ashburn, VA corridor .
This role is a contract to hire, joining a fast-growing team offering continued industry training and a strong career path.
- Cable infrastructure and Fiber rough in.
- Cable management (dressing and labeling).
- Cable (Cat 5 & Cat 6) and Fiber termination.
- Ribbon and Fusion splicing.
- Utilize fiber splicing equipment.
- Install and configure Single Mode and Multi-Mode as well as various Fiber Connectors (ST, LC, SC, SC-APC etc.).
- PDU whip install
- Fluke/ OTDR Testing.
- Fiber and Copper Cable Troubleshooting.
- Rack and stack customer equipment.
- Server rack build out and rack elevation.
- Install fiber tray, ladder rack, customer equipment, and cabinets.
- Infrastructure installs (cable management, fiber tray systems, ladder racks, power trays).
- Material receiving and hardware assembly.
- Troubleshooting and Quality Control of all fiber and infrastructure installs.
- Read and follow blueprints set for installation.
- Follow written and oral communication displaying professionalism with colleagues and management.
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols (Proper PPE, clean up jobsite, OSHA).
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- 6-mo+ of Data Center Technician, Low voltage, or Structured Cabling experience.
- 6-mo+ years of Fiber experience.
- Active OSHA 10 – preferred.
Physical Requirement: Must be able to work on a ladder and/or scissor lift, in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds, and move up to 75 pounds. Ability to work on your feet for entire shift.
Tools: Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (multi-Bit), tape measure, snips, pliers (needle nose and channel locks), punch down tool, flashlight, work boots (steel toe or composite toe) gloves and tool pouch.
- Windows Servers
- Windows Powershell
- Active Directory
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003