At AAM, the POWER is in our people. We believe that an equitable and inclusive workplace benefits everyone and that the diversity of our Associates drives creativity and innovation. Our global team of associates is made of dreamers, doers and innovators who are Bringing the Future Faster by Delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable tomorrow.
As a member of #TeamAAM, you'll get to make a difference on day one. You'll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges, build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day, all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM…and the world.
Job Posting Title
Class "B" Truck Driver
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a safety and quality minded individual to join our team as a Class "B" Truck Driver. This position drives a single axle truck requiring a class "B" license, to transport materials to and from specified destinations such as plants, residences, offices, or within industrial yards by performing the following duties. The primary duty for this position is to use a forklift to load and unload the class "B" truck and deliver parts to other plants in the same complex.
• Ability to use the OMF Computer Systems to, but not limited to, the following tasks:
• Read and send E-mail
• Check inventory
• Accurately scan all equipment assigned to the Team through the tracking system by use of a scanner, bar code reader or manually enters the data.
• Find Procedures in the OMF Computer System.
• Select and print Set-up packages for jobs
• Check Attendance Scroller. Associate is responsible to check to see when they are scheduled for overtime.
• Follow all quality systems.
• Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water. Inspects truck equipment for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
• Loads and unloads truck.
• Verifies load against shipping papers and maintains inventory accuracy.
• Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
• General Housekeeping in the Teams assigned work areas and equipment.
• End of Shift clean-up of vehicles and assigned work areas. Follows all applicable procedures.
• The starting wage for a Class "B" Truck Driver is $18.80.
Required Skills and Education
• Stays current with all new training requirements in the OMF Training System Log as applicable to this job description.
• Follow all OMF, Local, State, Federal, MIOSHA, OSHA, and DEQ Safety and Environmental Policies, Procedures and Regulations.
• Participation in Kaizen Events when required Valid OMF Forklift Permit. (provided training by OMF)
• Requires a CDL License, Class B.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
As a leading global Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs, engineers and manufactures Driveline and Metal Forming technologies to support electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles. Headquartered in Detroit with nearly 85 facilities in 18 countries, AAM is bringing the future faster for a safer and more sustainable future. We work together to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
With our global footprint, we are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Class "B" Truck Driver
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
- Drive Commercial Vehicle