The Project Controls Analyst - Client will be responsible for assisting with cost and schedule controls and contract administration on our client's Client projects. Position will also work with the Client project management teams in the preparation and analysis of project budgets, schedules and master task lists. In addition to performing duties as assigned, this position will be primarily focused on gathering, consolidating, and analyzing data surrounding project schedule, cost, procurement, and risk and preparing reports to various internal stakeholders. Individual contributor with no subordinates, willing to travel at least monthly to project sites and otherwise as needed based on project requirements. Prior experience in the energy sector and/or construction project execution is strongly preferred.
What you will do:
- Assist with cost tracking efforts on the Client Projects through frequent communication with internal and external project stakeholders and system data reconciliation.
- Review contractor invoices and change orders for compliance with contractual requirements.
- Manage weekly and monthly cost forecasts/cash flows, analyze forecast variances, and develop monthly executive reports.
- Responsible for accurate quarterly accrual reporting for existing purchase orders, including communication with vendors and Finance.
- Review project financial health with management team each week.
- Assist with the financial closeout of internal budgets, vendor POs, etc.
- Work closely with project site project controls teams to assess whether financial forecasts and risks are in alignment with schedule updates.
What you bring:
- BA/BS in construction management, engineering, finance, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of previous experience in the construction, consulting, and/or energy sector(s).
- Experience in construction cost forecasting, reporting, Earned Value Management, invoice and change order reviews, construction contracts, and scheduling and planning.
- Experience with MS Excel.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to efficiently prepare formatted reports and presentations.
- Experience with communicating financial status and schedule details from multiple construction sites to executive management.
- Experience with Primavera P6 and Tableau, Power BI, and/or other data visualization tools is a plus.
- Value Engineering
- Project Coordination