At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Firm Strategic Enablement Office is seeking a Strategic Designer to lead cross-functional teams in the discovery, design, development, and delivery of amazing solutions for complex problems in strategic planning, process improvement, product design, and service delivery. You will become a core part of the Design Thinking Group and work with talented teammates to define all aspects of end-to-end experience and design. You will have the opportunity to be an advocate and coach for all aspect of design and apply design thinking, helping others in the organization develop their knowledge and experience in a variety of techniques.
Our ideal candidate is full of business design ideas, creative thinking, understands the strategic alignment of the eco-system of design at the enterprise level and who can conceptualize and implement quickly, independently or collaboratively. Believes in working through the problem through investigation and iteration.
They can demonstrate strong design and user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keep up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources as well as maintaining a positive energetic approach to the practice of design to solve complex problems with simple, engaging, and elegant solutions.
Senior designers share design knowledge of business design, grids, typography, graphic design, color, layout, iconography, imagery, and design patterns and systems with your team to address ambiguous, complex problems and projects. They apply Enterprise Design Thinking and methods to uncover user and brand requirements.Key Responsibilities
- Lead design for critical efforts in partnership with firm senior leaders and cross-disciplinary teams. Design efforts center around strategic transformational workstreams, and innovation/discovery efforts, focused on problem statement definition, defining big ideas and capabilities, and pressure-testing ideas through design thinking, operational excellence, business analysis, design research, and project management disciplines .
- Utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria and apply user centered design methodologies to ensure ideas are based on user needs.
- Work with cross-functional teams to tackle all aspects of the design process. Creatively solve complex problems from a diverse set of perspectives, contexts and research inputs, while applying their own informed views and taste.
- Define and drive the design process moving from insights to ideas, threading design and business thinking together to deliver inventive, durable and thoughtful, solutions from concept to launch.
- Hands-on experience designing holistic, omni-channel consumer and service delivery ecosystem designs.
- Transform tasks into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs through the entire experience lifecycle, from the first-time user to the expert.
- Communicate the through user journeys, storyboards, ecosystem and service designs, prototypes, wireframes, infographics and other materials.
- Design application interfaces with a focus on workflow, integration, user interaction, and data visualizations, and proactively identifies ways to improve processes and systems
- Leverage your talent in design and systems thinking to build insightful opportunities from user research and create meaningful concepts from that synthesis.
- Act as a thought leader representing the firm in the design community and relevant professional groups; Level up the design maturity and skill set of the team, department, and firm, through coaching, leadership, and knowledge sharing.
- Executes moderate to large number of decisions within their own projects, as well in consultation and oversight of those executing Firm Portfolio level projects. In doing so, the consultant must demonstrate the ability to:
- Evaluate a range of potential capabilities including, change management, design thinking, process design, process improvement, and project/program management
- Independently make decisions without input from higher levels
- Investigate and resolve escalations with varying and high degrees of complexity and impact
- Identify and mitigate risk
- 5 years experience in human centered design, creative outcomes, design thinking, experience design, product or industrial design
- Expertise in systemic thinking and strong knowledge of interaction design principles and methodology
- 3 years leading diverse teams to solve complex problems using design thinking
- Experience planning, conducting and communicating the finders from user research to diverse group of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; ability to resonate and build relationships with senior leadership
- Ability to learn and communicate the principles of creative and innovative design, process improvement, design thinking, data analysis and change management to a wide variety of audiences to gain the buy-in and understanding need to effectively deploy the tools and successfully deliver consistent quality for consultations and/or projects
- Influence all levels within the organization with the ability to engage and inspire team members for quick and effective engagement
- Ability to manage/lead multiple large-scale efforts to include large enterprise wide technology deployments
- Design Thinking and Facilitation certifications
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For ranking by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Strategic Designer
to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047
- Benchmarking (Project Management)
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development