When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!What's this role all about?
Minimum of 2 shifts per week (up to 3 shifts per week)
As a per diem Dietitian at Cedars-Sinai Medical Network, you will assist in performing one-on-one nutritional consultations and follow-up visits. The Dietitian will develop and conduct individualized consultations and provide education on diabetes, specifically for type I and type II patients on insulin pumps and CGMs, for adult and pediatric patients. The dietitian will also provide consultations for other disease states like dyslipidemia, weight management, prenatal nutrition, eating disorders, GI and inflammatory disorders, etc. as well as promote nutritional program within the organization.
- Conducts various nutritional classes as well as develops new ones based on organizational needs.
- Develops academically current nutritional programs to meet the needs of the patient population.
- Collaborates with other registered dietitian colleagues to enhance existing programs and develop new programs for patients with specialized needs and needs of the organization.
- Coordinates nutrition services by collaborating with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other allied health staff.
- Provides education to physicians, pharmacists, students, residents, and other staff as assigned.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and continued self-development in nutritional care services for their assigned patient population which may include areas of specialization.
- Shows leadership and assumes responsibility for completing special projects and activities to support the Pharmacy and Nutrition Services Department.
- Responsible for mentoring and competency assessment of less experienced or new registered dietitians.
- Actively participates in the operations and clinical activities.
#Jobs-Indeed Educational Requirements:
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Nutrition, Health Sciences or related field; three (3) years experience in the field of nutritional counseling/education; Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) designation through the American Association of Diabetes Educators, Board specialization in Pediatrics or Renal Nutrition preferredLicenses:
- Registered Dietitian (R.D.) license required
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) designation through the American Association of Diabetes Educators, Board specialization in Pediatrics or Renal Nutrition preferred
- 0-2 experience in the field of nutritional counseling/education; experience in Diabetes Management (Insulin Pumps and CGMs), Pediatrics, as well as GI disorders (such as IBS, SIBO, Bowel Resection, Enteral/Parenteral Nutrition) preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working Title:Department:Business Entity:Job Category:Job Specialty:Position Type:Shift Length:Shift Type:
- Health Care
- Long Term Care
- Assisted Living