StandardAero is one of the largest independent maintenance, repair, and overhaul providers in the aerospace industry. At our plants, our units engage in a variety of work scopes involving trouble-shooting, problem solving, and working together to embody our #1 priority, which is ensuring the safety of our people and our product.
At StandardAero, we offer:
- A clean, safe, and temperature controlled work environment.
- Competitive compensation structures and a total rewards package.
- An opportunity to work with a variety of aircraft engines.
- A variety of shifts and hours.
- Opportunities for horizontal and vertical movement within the organization.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Repair and overhaul of gas turbine engines.
- Inspection of engine modules and engine components.
- Working independently and as a team to achieve maximum quality.
- Completing relevant paperwork to ensure accuracy.
- Observing all applicable safety practices and aviation regulations.
The requirements for an ideal candidate include:
- The ability to read and interpret manuals, technical drawings, and blueprints to determine proper operating conditions.
- The ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs without assistance.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- FAA Power plant certification considered an asset.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of engines/components.
- Previous experience with routine induction/dismantle of engines/components.
- Minimal experience required.
- Comprehensive understanding of inspection of complex parts, ability to provide guidance as they arise.
- Read and understand technical manuals.
- Minimum of 2 years job related training/experience.
- Proficient in induction and dismantle of engines/components.
- Advanced understanding of manuals and technical data.
- Thorough knowledge, can easily find interpret instructions and act as a resource to other mechanics.
- Signs off other mechanics in skills once proficient.
- Preferred Apprenticeship and or/formal training in area(s) of specialty.
- Minimum of 3-5 years aviation maintenance experience
- Provides guidance to other mechanics with troubleshooting during the assembly, inspection and dismantle process.
- Inspection of unique parts.
- In-depth knowledge of process, manual and aviation regulations.
- Apprenticeship and or/formal training in area(s) of specialty or commensurate experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years aviation maintenance experience.
- Electrical Systems
- Mechanical Aptitude