Employees at Quad thrive at the intersection of thinking, making and marketing. As we continue to take the bold steps necessary to transform our offering, our goal is to provide our clients with the most powerful integrated marketing platform. We’re all partners in our company, committed to do the right thing, trusting the process, innovating for the future, growing the business, believing in each other, and having a little fun along the way.
As a strategic resource to Business Leadership, the Senior Manager, Human Resources (Sr. Manager, HR) helps lead a global team of HR Business Partners and business segments through transformations. As the organization continues to evolve the Sr. Manager, HR helps lead the journey through effective change management.
This role also leads all HR-related practices, programs and objectives in order to enable an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes productivity, safety, and business goal attainment; along with the recruitment, retention, engagement and ongoing development of a stable, high quality workforce. The Sr. Manager, HR actively seeks to align business objectives with employees and management in designated business units.
The Sr. Manager, HR inherently requires deep and sustained relationships to be built and maintained across supported business units. All levels of leadership and management should consider the Sr. Manager, HR to be a key partner in creating and managing an engaging and healthy environment for all. The Sr. Manager, HR actively consults with Business Leaders to ensure HR initiatives are effectively managed and are producing desired outcomes.
The Sr. Manager, HR has special accountability for talent programs, communications and change management, enabling the best of the organization’s culture to be experienced and appreciated within all functions and on all teams. In addition, the Sr. Manager, HR coordinates the implementation of all employee-related services, policies, and programs. In close partnership with Corporate HR centers of expertise and shared service functions, the Sr. Manager, HR leverages the available services to allow for focus on the higher value talent, engagement and retention initiatives.
OVERALL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Primary HR Partner for Assigned Business Unit Leadership
- Leader of HRBP’s assigned to plant locations and/or business segments, including global operations
- Organization Design and Development
- Talent Reviews, Development & Succession Plans
- Business Unit Talent Acquisition Efforts
- Employee Engagement and Retention
- Change Agent for HR Initiatives
- Performance Cycle & Goal Planning
- Workforce Analytics & Workforce Planning
- Merit and Bonus Cycle
- Talent Acquisition Planning
- Complex Employee Relations Issues
- Coach/Lead HRBP’s on the talent based activities that drive the organization towards its’ business and human capital goals.
- Develop and mentor of HRBP’s assigned to plant locations.
- Participate in strategic discussions around Organizational Design and Development activities aligned to business transformation efforts.
- Implement Change Management practices to ensure business transformation is managed effectively and is sustainable for the long term.
- Apply human resources principles, methods and tools to provide broad range of customized business solutions designed to support the business and enhance organizational effectiveness
- Conduct organizational diagnoses using data-based methodologies to identify critical issues and root causes; provides objective, data-based perspective on relevant organizational and HR issues and recommends/implements and measures appropriate interventions to address organizational issues
- In partnership with Talent, develop succession plans to address key leadership roles and talent gaps
- Lead assigned business unit groups in the execution of talent reviews and planning processes
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure consistent employment experiences
- Partners with business leadership to identify and develop HR strategies, identify gaps and plan processes to directly support business initiatives through people.
- Acts as liaison with other HR COE teams to coordinate development of programs, systems and processes to be used to support the business.
- Provides insight, oversight and direction of the annual performance management and compensation review process within the assigned business units.
- Supports the business leadership team through conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses on a broad array of issues; works to share interpretation of data with leadership and plant teams and develops action steps to support improvements/changes.
- Serves as an active member of the leadership teams.
- Collaborates, strategizes and participates with Talent Management and Hiring Managers to acquire and retain top talent with a focus of building a pipeline for future needs.
- Works closely with management and employees on employee engagement, including improving work relationships, building morale, increasing productivity and retention.
- Monitors the effectiveness of HR Programs through the tracking of key measures.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- 7 or more years of experience leading people and/or project teams, implementing HR programs and initiatives, including a demonstrated ability to facilitate small and large group employee interactions.
- Minimum 3 years in Human Resources roles in a manufacturing environment or equivalent experience
- Broad functional experience is strongly desired including compensation, benefits, labor relations, safety, learning & development, and change management
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience driving talent outcomes in partnership with business leaders across the organization and external talent acquisition partners.
- Proven ability to manage projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
- Sound business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Must be a creative thinker and analytical problem solver with a bias for performance measurement
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective partnerships with key business leaders and collaborate effectively at all levels and functions
- Ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to lead a team effectively, providing coaching and mentoring to employees at all levels of the organization
- Have a passion for personal learning and development to be able to grow with the company.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- General Understanding of finance-related performance standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate and regulatory best practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in all MS Office programs
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed to support the organization
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
- Retention Management
- Human Resources Information System (Hris)
- Performance Management
- Develop Human Capital