It's the dream job you never have to wake up from. At SONIC, you'll whistle while you work, gaining a sense of accomplishment along the way. You'll interact with fantastic people, earn great pay, sport a cool uniform.
As a SONIC Drive-In restaurant General Manager, you are indeed a general-leading your troops in a never-ending campaign to give America an infinitely more delicious food service experience. You will be involved in training and supporting drive-in restaurant employees, ensuring that food is delivered in a clean, safe and efficient manner and our customers have an excellent experience.
Essential General Manager restaurant job duties are listed below:
• Manages, trains, monitors and coaches Crew/ Team members, Carhops and Skating Carhops
• Directs and assigns drive-in restaurant employees as needed to ensure all aspects of food service meet operational standards
• Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices
• Performs restaurant opening and/or closing duties
• Prepares employee work schedules; monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to restaurant staffing levels
• Monitors and maintains restaurant inventory levels. Places orders for food, paper and other supplies within cost control procedures
• Completes and maintains all drive-in restaurant employment related records and payroll records
• Reinforces a customer service mentality and ensures all employees are focused on serving the customer at all times.
• Immediately and respectfully resolves guest requests. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints
• Interview and hire restaurant crew and management team members to achieve proper staffing levels
• Prepare all necessary operational reports. Develop appropriate action plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends
• Develop and implement a marketing plan
Additional General Manager Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management or related fields are preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision
• Required to work a minimum 5 day workweek with 4 closing shifts (or 4 day workweek guaranteed) including irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
• Knowledge of federal and state labor laws as well as local health and sanitation laws and regulations
• Leadership and supervisory practices and skills; effective verbal and written communication skills
• Basic accounting and computer skills
• Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
• Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
• Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee's knees, cruisin' . . . you get the picture! It's downright sensational!!
All that's missing is you, so APPLY TODAY!
SONIC and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Provide Actionable Feedback
- Decision Making
- Performance Management
- Team Building
- Manage Financial Plan