HCA Florida Northwest Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently.Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care?Submit your application for Employee Health RN position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
HCA Florida Northwest Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Employee Health Nurse Injury Coordinator
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at HCA Florida Northwest Hospital!Job Summary and Qualifications
- The Employee Health/Workman Compensation Coordinator coordinates and implements a comprehensive health program designed to promote employees wellness, maintain productivity, decrease absenteeism, and promote cost containment.
- Minimizes pre-occurence exposure of injured employees by promoting universal compliance with occupational safety and risk management policies and procedures and related laws and regulations.
- Minimizes post-occurence exposure of injured employees by conducting necessary fact-finding, ensuring proper medical care is obtained, and working with other parties involved towards settlement of respective obligations.
- Performs pre-employment health requirements for new employees.
- Monitors Blood and Body Fluid Exposures.
- Performs employee annual Tuberculosis screening and N-95 respirator mask fit testing.
- Coordinates the yearly Risk Reduction Program for HCA Corporate.
- Participating member of Department Safety Officer's and Environment of Care Committees. Annual monitoring and administering annual Influenza vaccine program.
- Promotes and administers Hepatits B prevention vaccine program
- Current Florida license as Registered Nurse or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree from an accredited School of Nursing
- Three (3) years of experience on patient care nursing unit or Critical Care Area
- Advanced verbal skills, both oral and written, are required to communicate regarding workers' compensation issues with persons of varying backgrounds, verbal abilities, and prior experience with such issues.
- Computer knowledge in the use of both Word and Excel Programs.
- Current competency in Basic Life Support according to American Heart Association standards.
- Demonstrates understanding of the laws and recommendations of regulatory agencies which influence the provision of health care and provide for the safety of all employees.
- Demonstrates the awareness of patients' rights as they relate to the Employee Health Programs.
- Documents continuing education in specialty areas.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of the employment start date
- CIC as eligible
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Northwest Hospital is a 289-bed medical center. Incorporating the latest technology in healthcare drives our results. We have been granted the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission. This proves our commitment to high performance and level of service. We are certified by the Joint Commission as a primary stroke center. We uphold the highest standards in patient care. We also remain an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We handle patients with care and urgency. We are proudly known as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence. Our accolades speak for themselves.
We continue growing to meet the needs of the community we serve. We have expanded capabilities in emergency and critical care. Our services go above and beyond. Additional growth includes womens and childrens services. We hold the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth of our service lines translates to better patient care. This means increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. Join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals. Explore your growth potential.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
'Across HCA Healthcares more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.'- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Employee Health RN opening.Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Acute Care