Vans: Be a Part of the Original“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren Vans is the original action sports Footwear Company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the creative expressers within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest retail company comprised of over 30 brands and on the road to reaching 17 billion by 2017. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing our growing number of individuals through our distinct learning culture.Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take great pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to build each individual’s personal strengths to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as Leadership, Communication, Collaboration and Technical Skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and developing to the pace of our rapidly, growing business.By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative folk. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.Processing Supervisor – North America: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family This position is responsible for the supervision on a shift basis of the accurate and timely operation of replenishment, picking, trouble resolution and Value Added Services (VAS). Establish control-related standards and procedures.KeyResponsibilities:
Ensures fiscal responsibility targets are met including; budgets and forecasts, cost control and reporting as it relates to labor planning and supplies.Assumes responsibility of product from replenishment on a wave by wave basis through fast pick/shelf picking, trouble resolution and VAS.Ensures staffing levels are appropriate for all aspects of the daily/monthly workflow.Sets clear and measurable goals for all associates on a daily/monthly/yearly basis.Provides supervisory leadership to area associates to ensure outstanding service to internal and external customersEstablishes workload priorities and provides clear daily objectives for the area under supervision.Creates, generates and analyzes DC/LM reports to ensure throughput goals are being met.Ensure full compliance with VF policies and procedures.Ensures the DC is ‘tour ready’ at all times.Job Requirements:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+Educational/PositionRequirements:
• A bachelor degree and 2 years plus of equivalent warehouse experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.Skills:
• Ability to lead coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve goals.
• Proficient in core computer skills (Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes).
• Ability to balance and prioritize competing demands.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management with confidence and respect.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience and proficiency with WMS (PkMS) or other comparable WMS, RF and MHE technologies.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English (Bi-lingual - Spanish preferred)
• Working knowledge of OSHA regulations.Special Physical and/or Mental
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours including weekends as necessary.
• Bend lift, open, and move product from 1 to 50lbs.
• Warehouse environment: Must be physically capable of working in conditions normally associated with a merchandise warehouse or distribution center, such as, but not limited to, warm and cold temperatures, seeing and hearing moving equipment to stay out of harms way, and continuous power equipment noise.This position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information provided during the recruitment process.
- Supervise the daily activities of warehouse employees engaged in all distribution center activities including: shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, stacking, picking, and packing finished productsKnowledge & Skill
- Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred *Equivalent years of experience in a substantially similar industry may be considered in lieu of a degree to be determined by the nature of the specific job and the hiring manager’s criteria
- More than five years of experience
- Strong organization and communication skillsKnowledge & Application:
- In-depth knowledge within a single work area or developing broad knowledge across a number of policy/technical areas
- Experienced technician/administrator with a number of years business experience
- Knowledge of standardized rules, procedures, and operations within own area
- Determines a course of action based on guidelinesProblem Solving:
- Encounters similar problems which will require some fact finding, clarification, and basic analysis
- Solutions will typically be found within normal operating processes and policies
- Selects the best resolution based on a set of defined procedures or precedenceInteraction:
- Exchanges standard/basic technical or nontechnical information with colleagues and immediate superiors and/or customers
- There may be a requirement to interpret or clarify technical information to aid understanding
- Audience is generally knowledgeable about the subject matter
- Conveys straightforward information to non-divergent audiencesImpact:
- Impact is limited to short-term team performance (less than one year)
- Supports the achievement of goals through own personal effort
- Responsible for planning own work, assessing own progress, and adjusting efforts to meet goalsAccountability:
- Accountable for meeting day-to-day team targets which impact the immediate work unit
- Takes action to monitor costs related to own work and that of the team
- Provides input into the performance appraisal processR-20221110-0052
Location: USCA > USA > California > Santa Fe Springs DC - VANType: Full time
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Advocate Safety Training
- Enhance Workflow Optimization
- Prepare Freight Classification
- Transportation Management Systems