13394 Production Associate, Hicksville, NY 3 Months Contract
Sigma.Inc is currently looking for an Production Associate to work onsite with our team located at Hicksville, NY.
•*Please ensure candidates are aware of the location**
•Pay Rate: $17.00**Once converted to perm there is a $1.00 increase.
MON FRI from 3:30 pm 1:30am and some Saturdays are required depending on workload demands.
•*Possible temp to perm if openings are available**
Steel toed shoes are required but we may be able to provide composite safety shoe covers if they do not have them readily available
Summary / Objective
Production Associate is responsible for taking direction from the supervisor in order to meet production demands while ensuring quality and safety standards are met.
Percentage of Job/ Essential Job Functions
- Self-Reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
- Attending area of transfer from filler to chiller.
- Inform Supervisors and or Lead of any discrepancy on product information.
- Transferring carts of production in and out of chillers and placing them orderly at the WIP area.
- Orient product alignment in the Garvey table area
- Flip trays in chillers when needed.
- Reworking product that is below specifications.
- Keeping work area clean and organized, following the "5 S program.
- Promoting a safe work environment at all times.
- Follow HACCP principles and Good Manufacturing Practices. Comply with Food and Personal Safety Procedures, company Policies and regulations.
- Other duties, as assigned including transferring to Kitchen area as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- (skills, knowledge and abilities) 18 years or older
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
Minimum General Requirements
- Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment
- Able to work in noisy environments
- Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or hot environments for extended periods and may include work in environments where dust is present
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED-equivalent
- Bilingual - Spanish
- Travel Required N/A
- Other Duties As assigned
- Blueprints (Construction)
- Mechanical Aptitude