DescriptionXylem |ˈzīləm|1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;2) a leading global water technology company.Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!The Role:
The Market/Business Development Manager is responsible for formulating growth strategies that measurably improve the business’ market position, drive differentiated customer experiences and achieve financial growth in a particular end customer segment. The role will combine market intelligence, data-driven insights and a deep understanding of customer needs to identify trends, “white space” opportunities, and develop areas of competitive advantage to drive revenue growth.Essential Duties/PrincipalResponsibilities:
Sources and interprets multiple and complex data sets (from internal and external sources) into insights that lead to profitable business actions. Produce a robust multi-year “Market Map” based on identification of under-served customer markets, monitoring of industry trends and high-growth, attractive market/technology drivers. Regularly gathers and analyzes business, market and competitor information and supports the development of the strategic marketing plan. Leads Voice of Customer programs to solve strategic growth questions for the business and sense for latent customer needs. Develops go to and get-to market strategies for existing products/applications/markets in geographies where market share is low compared to goals and/or are targeted areas for growth. Works closely with the Demand Generation Manager to develop targeted lead generation and brand building marketing campaigns that can be directly attributed to revenue growth. Identifies potential market adjacency opportunities. Works with channel partners to build their business. Partners with sales to identify strategic accounts and provide insights, training, or other support as needed. Performs thorough assessments of the potential for specific new target markets and technology opportunities and develops go-to and get-to market strategies to pursue these opportunities Builds industry and customer alliances and participates in industry/trade organizations. Identifies potential business partners and scouts for M&A opportunities. Develops content for and/or participates in training events for customers and sales organization. Demonstrates thought leadership by presenting in industry seminars, leading webinars and publishing white papers. Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activitiesMinimumQualifications:
Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:BA or BS in Marketing, Business or Engineering8-15 years of related experience.Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills.Knowledge of principles and methods for driving growth and value creation.Balance strategic and tactical efforts - Ability to get credible results/wins working one-on-one with sales & ops AND providing a clear 3-5 year framework for accelerating profitable growth.Ability to create followership and influence
- get teams rallied around the business especially in sales & product management by informing, listening, convincing, and persuading others to action on key growth initiatives.Collaboration and teamwork. Proven track record of teamwork, innovation and results.Converts theory and insights into specific actions.Ability to manage and organize multiple priorities in a poised, self-driven manner.Superior business perspective, problem solving, and command skills.
Pump industry experience highly preferredSales, Marketing and/or BD backgroundMBA desiredWe Offer You More Than Just “A Job” Professional Development
- To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning. Total Rewards
- We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship. Watermark
- Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects. Employee Networks
- Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.Physical Demands/Work Environment: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facilityOffice: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elementsStandard weekly job hours: 40 hoursXylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $115,000 to $135,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
- Business Development
- Customer Retention
- Utilize Passion
- Meet Sales Objectives
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction