Shift: 3rd Shift (10:00:PM - 06:30:AM)
Job Description: Job Purpose
Manage kanbans, Interact with production personnel, to ensure inventory integrity as well as trouble shoot production SAP transactional issues as needed. Interact with purchasing, quality inspection, receiving, warehouse operators, outside suppliers. Expedite and track shipments from suppliers. Create and/or update daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. Coordinate the cycle counting program for the Maple Grove plant both in the production areas as well as the warehouse. Train new employees, included in this is all cycle count procedures as well as material picking when needed. Duties also include being a back up for other areas of the Logistics Department. Interact with Traffic Inspection, Engineers, Production, and Purchasing to avoid floor shortages material problems or hot parts. Maintain vendor kanbans. Support warehouse improvement activities.
1. Coordinate the cycle count process and inventory reconciliation with each areas material specialist, based on SAP output. This include both schedule and non-scheduled and consignment counts. Review cycle count reporting with the appropriate MFG area.
2. Work with Pilot Locations to ensure SAP accuracy.
3. Support warehouse improvement activities by cycle counting and correcting any discrepancies in SAP.
4. Manage the EE&O process as it relates to transaction and disposal of this material.
5. Manage the disposition of expired raw material and support the process of revision changes with in the plant.
6. Troubleshoot any transactional issues production may have.
7. Assist in the management of the retain warehouse as needed.
8. Order material from vendors as directed by purchasing.
9. Publish weekly, monthly reports as directed by the Logistics Manager.
10. Investigate documentation issues as needed.
11. Pull material for production as needed.
12. Perform a quarterly review of the Logistic Departments processes to ensure compliance.
13. Strong working knowledge of the receiving process, which includes cross-training to cover Receiving when necessary.
14. Actively participate in lean as well as other continuous improvement activities.
15. Maintain vendor kanbans, placing releases and confirming delivery schedules, work with purchasing to resolve any issues related to kanban orders.
16. Expedite and track kanban shipments.
17. Interact with purchasing, outside vendors, quality inspection, warehouse operators in the expediting of material.
18. Enter new documents and update others is PDM.
19. Interact with Finance in doing the monthly inventory analysis.
20. Interact with Accounting in updating a Valuation class.
21. Perform a quarterly review of ABC cycle count indicators and update as necessary.
22. Complete and route scrap forms for material that is no longer used.
23. Training to include new employees on cycle counting, inventory reconciliation and SAP trouble.
24. Serve as a back up for other areas of Logistics
25. Participate in continuous improvement project with in the organization.
26. Has completed the appropriate courses to become qualified to move chemicals within the facility as well as other BSC locations within the MPLS BSC campus.
Quality Systems Duties and Responsibilities:
Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
AA Degree or equivalent work experience in related discipline and 1 year of related experience in a logistics environment. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel applications. Must have strong data entry skills, be able to analyze data and work well with people. The ability to operate a forklift is desirable.
Additional Job Specific Requirements:
OT: Eligible for 1.35 OT Mark-Up: Yes
- Quality Assurance
- Operating Instructions
- Material Handling