West Covina Healthcare Center -
West Covina is a 99-bed skilled nursing facility currently hiring a full time DSD to join the nursing leadership team.
The purpose of the Director of Staff Development position is to manage, develop, and direct the overall operation of the nursing department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards that govern the facility, and as directed by the Administrator and Medical Director.
The Director of Staff Development will treat each resident with kindness, dignity and respect. They will knock before entering each resident's room. They will refer to each resident by their name. They will be courteous to families, visitors and all staff. They will maintain a positive and calm disposition. They will communicate clearly, diplomatically, and effectively when speaking to residents, family members, visitors, staff and any governmental agency personnel. They will make sound independent decisions. They will set an example of working collaboratively between multidisciplinary teams. They will demonstrate patience, initiative and willingness to assist residents that may be difficult. They will be committed to always doing the right thing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing scheduling and staffing to ensure daily PPD requirements are met
- Coordinating with the Administrator to recruit and select nursing staff
- Planning, developing, and coordinating orientation programs as well as in-service educational and on-the-job training
- Partnering with department directors in providing in-service trainings
- Performing administrative requirements such as completing forms, reports, orientation records, etc.
- Developing reports, maintaining records reference manuals and records pertinent to in-service training programs
- Participating in Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee
- Providing patient care when directed
- Following Infection and Control policies, oversight of facility Infection Prevention Program and Antibiotic Stewardship program.
- Reporting any occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, or other hazardous materials to a supervisor immediately
- Abiding with all facility policies and procedures including not disclosing user ID codes and passwords
- Keeping abreast of new state and federal regulations as they pertain to skilled nursing
- Attending meetings and serving on committees
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies these are the only duties you will be required to perform as directed by management. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Education / Licensure
- Valid LVN or RN license in good standing
- Valid DSD certificate
- Valid CPR and BLS card
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 1 year in the role as a DSD
- Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
- Proficiency with PCC a plus
*Per California state mandate, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for this position
- Personal Care
- Professional Development