Spectrum Environmental, Inc. (Spectrum), is seeking to hire a GIS Analyst / Drone Pilot in our Alabaster, Alabama office. The position reports directly to the Assessment Division Manager (Jamie Cox) and will include the following duties/responsibilities.
Your duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• This role will include overall management and implementation of Spectrum Environmental GIS programs, which includes architectural design, creation, integrity, and archival of environmental GIS database.
• This individual is responsible for data integration into the environmental GIS database from sources such GPS, geophysical, analytic data, field measurements and notes, hard copy maps, and tables.
• This position will be responsible for preparing appropriate maps/figures/graphics for the Assessment, Natural Resources, and Stormwater Divisions.
• This position is required to get a Drone Pilots License in order to utilize our drone services using the Drone Deploy system.
• Drone services will be utilized on an as needed basis for each division (Assessment, Natural Resources, Stormwater).
• Responsible for preparing proposals/invoices for all Drone Services, and coordinate with immediate supervisor.
Other responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Performing Phase I ESA, WOTUS Delineations, T&E Habitat Assessments, and CSW Pre-Con Site Walks, etc. field evaluations and drafting reports subsequent to site reconnaissance.
• Coordinate sub-consultants, as necessary.
• Communicate and coordinate with clients and regulators.
• Assist the Natural Resources Division in drafting Jurisdictional Determination Requests, Nationwide Permit Applications, and Individual Permit Applications through the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
• Other duties as directed by supervisor.
You will have access to a company vehicle for work related activities. This vehicle will be used in accordance with company policy.
• A degree in Environmental Science or related field preferred, but not required;
• 1-3 years’ experience using ArcGIS Online and Drone Piloting preferred, but not required;
• Ability to stay organized and is self-directed to accomplish multiple project deadlines set by immediate Supervisor;
• Detail oriented with ArcGIS, Drone Deploy, and other laws and regulations to pilot Drone.
• Technical writing ability to write reports, permit applications, and field observations subsequent to field evaluation.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Arcgis Servers
- Socet Set