The Consumer Sales Finance team is driving shareholder value globally by supporting the Sell In and Sell Thru of Microsoft’s consumer products. As part of a global team, the unique purpose of the Consumer Sales Finance team is to work with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning portfolio that delights customers and earns fans around the world.Powered by Microsoft Windows and Surface devices, Office and Xbox, we also seek to enable customers and partners to achieve more digitally with new innovative IoT solutions and market opportunities including voice, mixed reality and artificial intelligence.We as an organization land the company vision around the transformation of our business from standalone devices to a connected world with an Intelligent Edge and Intelligent Cloud. We drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy.Lastly we empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.Responsibilities
Consumer Sales Finance is looking for an exceptional leader to work as Finance Director – Modern Life.This is a key leadership role within the team and will focus on creating clarity, generating energy, and delivering success by focusing on:
- Managing a team of WW Category Controllers and building strong WW communities.
- Help accelerate and drive long term growth planning across M365, Surface and PC Accessories while leading the operationalization of the same.
- Building channel analytics and insights to drive business outcomes.
- Driving granularity of growth including resource optimization.
- Driving cross-group collaboration across different BG groups to maximize revenue and profitability through understanding our customer needs, products, and market opportunities
- Leading Bi-Weekly Sales Reviews & Forecasting process for the WW Sales team.
- Driving digital transformation with customers, partners, and consumers. This role will work closely with Corporate, Regional and BG stakeholders, drive strategic thinking and support the delivery of business growth through prioritizing investments with the strongest ROI for both short term gain and long-term success
- Attracting & developing talent: Assess talent needs for today and for the future; attract and develop diverse team members with the right skills and capabilities.
- Delivering Results through Teamwork: Work through others and across teams, aligning people and resources, establishing high standards of performance, and creating a climate of mutual accountability that delivers expected business results.
- Role modelling our values: Be a role model for the behaviors and standards expected by creating a culture where talent can excel, and diversity of backgrounds and experiences is present and valued.
- Deliver forecast accuracy
- Proactively identify trends and keep the pulse of the business through weekly sales processes.
- Identify risk and opportunities and work with Category Lead, Field, and BG to drive mitigation plans.
- Enable the right commercial decisions to be made across promotions, incentives and marketing spend.
- Lead the revenue forecasting process working with Corporate/Regional/BG teams.
- Lead the growth planning and operationalizing process for Finance
- Continue to strengthen agility in our operational discipline, continually aligning spend to achieve best ROI and strategic opportunities.
- Influencing resource prioritization to drive growth in the business models of the future
- Drive channel partner analytics and insights in our business to influence future outcomes and decisions.
- Be actively engaged to tell our story and drive digital transformation.
- Ensuring the right tone from the top as well as sustainable practices.
- Proactive risk management
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 10+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experienceOR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 8+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience OR equivalent experience.Preferred qualifications:
Experience in multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommendedFluent in EnglishExperience in Consumer products is a plusMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.Benefits
/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.Benefits
and PerksIndustry leading healthcareSavings and investmentsGiving programsEducational resourcesMaternity and paternity leaveOpportunities to network and connectDiscounts on products and servicesGenerous time awayJobSummary
Job number: 1485267Date posted : 2022-10-28Travel: 0-25%Profession: FinanceRole type: People ManagerEmployment type: Full-TimeExperience: Experienced professionals
- Financial Analysis
- Internal Controls
- Financial Statements