Primary Objective of Position: Leads and directs development and execution of projects (from receipt of order to fulfillment of the contract). Ensures customer satisfaction, develops relationships, protects the Company’s position, and maximizes the project objectives (quality, financial, and schedule). Acts as the single point of contact with customers on projects and is the project subject matter expert internally.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Creates and maintains the Project Plans; ensures necessary support is obtained from Engineering, Purchasing, Production, and other departments to meet the project objectives and/or milestones.
- Establish and agree on a schedule of activities leading to the completion of the contract with clear milestones, deliverables and defined acceptance criteria; enter order into work management system.
- Reviews Purchase Order/Contract requirements (Proposal, RTA, Specification Contract File, etc.).
- Participates in the Hand-over process with the Marketing/Sales Dept. (Application Engineer).
- Responsible to keep upper management informed of orders progression and highlights any major concerns or risks, issues or opportunities as they arise.
- Coordinates customer inspections for factory acceptance testing or other inspections; ensuring in-process, functional, final/acceptance, and customer witness testing is performed and documented.
- Manages Customer Surveys; proactively solicits timely feedback.
- Travel and visit customer and vendor sites as required.
- Other duties may be assigned by management to meet business needs.
- Strong technical knowledge; background in motors, generators, or other rotating machines is a plus and working knowledge of electrical industrial equipment including power electronics and rotating machines and how this equipment works as a system.
- Customer interaction and management skills are essential.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills and decision-making abilities; high degree of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Effective communication with the customer, management, and project team members.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact and communicate with internal and external customers. Internal customers include peers, management, and personnel from other departments and entities.
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications. Strong working knowledge of Excel and MS Project required. Experience with database creation and operation, useful but not required.
- Experienced with SAP highly desired or other work management software a plus.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines; handle multiple assignments on a consistent basis and effectively maintain schedules and milestones; efficiently and effectively manage completion of projects.
- Proficient with NEMA, IEEE, IEC Nuclear, ISO9001, CE Marking, OSHA, and other Safety regulations/compliance.
- Several tasks require to work in leaning over, extended back position repeatedly, occasionally tight spaces, squatting, and kneeling.
- Physical ability to travel freely within manufacturing and office facilities. This requires climbing stairs and moving over, around, and about shop machinery. Have the physical ability to lift and carry up to 45 pounds unassisted
- Four (4) year degree in Project Management, Engineering or other relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in managing full-cycle projects.
We use a proprietary talent engagement app to screen and communicate with applicants.
Apply Directly via the hoodo app: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing Project Manager />
- Forecasting Information
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Provide Actionable Feedback