About the TeamDoorDash is rapidly expanding beyond the restaurant vertical into areas like Grocery, Convenience and Alcohol. Our vision is to bring the entire city to your fingertips on DoorDash. The New Verticals team at DoorDash owns the end-to-end experience of getting anything in your city delivered to you across these non-restaurant categories.About the RoleThis role is critical for DoorDash to quickly build and scale new delivery options beyond food for Verticals like Grocery, Convenience and Alcohol. The Vice President, New Business Verticals will be a critical member of the leadership team for the DoorDash Marketplace. You’ll hold P&L responsibility, and will build a roadmap and execute on a strategy to 10x the business over the next four to five years. You will make tough decisions about where and when to grow. In this role, you’ll report to the Head of New Verticals who reports to the President.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…Build & Own - Create a strategy and vision to help build and grow a number of $#B revenue businesses over the next five years, 10xing GMV (Gross Merchandise Volume) over the next four to five yearsOperate at the Lowest Level of Detail - Diving into the data, talking to customers, and obsessing over the details to make sure we delight every customer and create value for every merchant. Lead & Advocate - The success of this business will depend on how capable the leader is. They must be able to lead a team of world-class Operators and General Managers, advocate for their business, guide their cross-functional team to success, and deliver quality results to the customer. Experiment - There is not a written rule-book to success here. This leader must figure out how to get from A to B and constantly push to improve and test new opportunities to get 1% better everyday.Win - Building a world-class marketplace business will not be easy. This person must be comfortable with the ambiguity & embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and no right answer.Create a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture that exceeds all expectationsWe’re excited about you because…You have 15+ years of leadership, management and operating experience, to include 10+ years of P&L management experience at a growth organizationYou’ve led large business units that depend on cross functional partnerships to win, to include product, engineering, finance, analytics and designYou have strong business development and partnerships experience and are skilled at merchant negotiationsYou’ve launched and led complex, cross-functional efforts at large companies; you’ve developed followership up and down the organization through your personal exampleYou’ve built world-class teams, and, you’ve coached leaders to help them hit their goals and operate their business units; you’re a trusted mentor and advisorYou’re strategic, and able to effectively break-down large, complicated business problems into their component parts to create solutionsYou are an analytical thinker, able to leverage data and analytics to answer complex business questions and ultimately create a compelling narrativeYou are an operator at your core; you move fast, you want to build new things, and you don’t accept no for an answerWhy You’ll Love Working at DoorDashWe are leaders
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
- Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators
- We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners
- Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team
- The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights. About DoorDashAt DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionWe’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce
- people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
- Business Development
- Value (Economy)
- New Business Development
- Business Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Relationship Building