This job is located in Hemlock, MI
As the largest producer of high-purity polysilicon in the United States, Hemlock Semiconductor (HSC) draws on the talents of nearly 1,200 employees and contractors to provide the material critical to two high-tech, high-growth industries: electronics and solar energy. And we’re always looking to recruit top talent to our community-oriented company.
HSC has a high-performance culture where talent and hard work matter. We value the unique perspectives, educational background, experiences, and ways of thinking of all of our employees.
HSC offers a complete benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental insurance, vacation, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan.
The HR Business Process Owner [BPO/HRIS] is responsible for defining “how work gets done”, simplifying and improving our processes, and ensures we are getting the most out of our IT investments (data and systems) to achieve HSC business objectives and strategy. This individual has deep functional knowledge of our systems and data that support the HR processes. This role reports to the Business Process Leader and collaborates with other Business Process owners to ensure consistency, cross process harmonization and compliance.
- Designs, develops, and implements industry best practice business processes for HR to achieve organization goals.
- Drives improvements, reduces complexity and automates manual work to reduce errors and allow the team to focus on high value activities.
- Understands HR business process requirements and cross process impacts or business risks.
- Collaborates with other BPOs (Record to Report, Order to Cash, Quality Management, Plant Maintenance, Procure to Pay, Plan to Produce, etc.) to assess the implications of business process transactions and associated financial-related impacts to our business.
- Ensures HR business process are well documented and followed.
- Responsible for Business Process Controls and HR data security practices (PII, PHI, etc.). Reviews and authorizes security roles while adhering to SOD requirements.
- Serve as the Data Steward/SME as part of overall Data Governance Program.
- Serves as the HRIS tool expert (UKG, Cornerstone, Shiftboard, Dimensions, Phenom, etc.), providing L1 support and administration duties where appropriate.
- Serve as the HR Functional Representative on projects related to impacted area to ensure process adherence and/or lead defining the requirements.
- Participate and partner with functional leaders to drive improvements within teams.
- Facilitates system training; Supports mentoring and knowledge transfer across HR function.
- Partner with HR, IT, Procurement, regarding vendor management, software licensing, service contracts, upgrades, enhancements, etc.
Hiring Manager: Lacey Cameron
- Bachelors or better in Business or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Human Resources or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Supply Chain or related field.
5 years experience in:
- Business experience in HR operations, strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis or equivalent.
- HRIS experience and/or business process re-engineering.
HSC is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at:
- Business Development
- Forecasting Information
- Market Trend