An Installation Technician is a vital contributing member to our solar crew and company, this position allows team members to develop a robust set of trade skills that can launch their career in the solar or electrician field. We are looking for team members that share our values of thoughtfulness, empathy, and drive. The Installation Technician is responsible to work as a team with the Foreman and Lead Installer to complete residential solar installation projects and also play a part in the permitting process.
As a Simply Solar Installer, you will:
- Work as part of a small (3-4 person) crew to complete solar installations safely, efficiently, and up to quality standards
- Layout and mount hardware on multiple roof types
- Secure and wire modules with appropriate mounting hardware
- Present a positive image of Simply Solar to clients
- Assemble all racking and solar array, properly seal all roof penetrations, and install all relative equipment
- Work closely with lead/ crew members and take direction to complete projects within certain policies and procedures
- The installer will travel to client sites around the North Bay Area to meet with building inspectors for post-installation final inspections.
- Prepare completed solar systems for final inspection
- Take pictures of necessary electrical panels, meters, documents, obstructions, and general property
- Record technical corrections for our solar crews and electricians
- 1+ years of solar experience
- Reliable and regular attendance with a reliable daily source of transportation
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches, layouts, and wiring diagrams
- Must be comfortable with heights / on roofs
- The ability to climb ladders and work at heights while managing heavy gear is a must
- Comfortable lifting up to 50 lbs
- Full range of mobility in the upper and lower body
- Local to the area or willing to commute to the shop daily
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required
- $20 - $23 per hour depending on experience
- Monthly bonuses for high-performing crews
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance - 16 health plans available!
- $10,000 Life Insurance Policy - 100% paid by us!
- 10 days PTO in your first year
- 7 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more!
About Simply Solar:
At Simply Solar, we are dedicated to helping California communities adopt clean energy and achieve a brighter future. We are community-driven, education-oriented, and quality-obsessed. We envision a world powered by renewable energy, and work tirelessly to save California homeowners money by empowering them to be energy-independent. Our team is made up of individuals who care deeply about customer outcomes and are passionate about their work.
- Repairing (Computer Systems)
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Blueprints (Construction)