Sunrise Transport, Inc. supports the distribution needs for Four Seasons Produce. Sunrise Transport is an integral part of guaranteeing fresh, quality produce is shipped to our customers safely and on time.
As a Jr. Diesel Technician, youll be responsible for ensuring our fleet remains in top-of-the-line condition for our drivers safety and comfortability while also enabling them to get back to the yard, end their day, and maximize their time at home with their families (minimizing breakdowns).
This position involves working in our state-of-the-art truck shop, and the positionincludes several incentives in addition to the base pay. We offer a generous tool allowance in order for you to purchase the right tools for the job. We also havecompetitive shift differentials for working 2nd or 3rd shift, as well as weekend incentive bonuses!
What you get to do
- Provide basic maintenanceservice and repairs effectively and in a timely manner and assist Vehicle Maintenance Associates as needed to ensure safe and continuous operation of the fleet
- Collaborate with Vehicle Maintenance Team in maintaining vehicle related equipment and in meeting daily operating results
- Maintain accurate record keeping of vehicle repairs
- Assist with other daily Fleet Services responsibilities as needed, including working in the Wash Bay and on the Fuel Island
- Receive training in Parts area and provide support to Parts Specialist as needed
- Operate equipment safely, follow safe work practices and maintain a safe work area
What you bring
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalency
- Valid PA Driver's License
- Mechanical knowledge and/or vehicle repair experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Earned Wage Access flexible access to wages before payday
- Company life insurance & voluntary life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, wellness program, employee assistance program, Success Coach, and more!
Who We Are
We are a family of companies that focus on wholesale produce distribution and logistics across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions. We partner with local growers to bring fresh organic and conventional produce to our Lancaster County, PA facility. We grade and package fruits and vegetables, sending only the best with our Drivers to deliver to independent retailers, natural food stores, and food co-ops.
We care about our associates and are committed to a healthy, diverse, and inclusive work environment.
All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis, and without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status under federal, state and local laws.
- Electrical Systems
- Mechanical Aptitude