ADAS Test Engineer
Work Location: Raymond, Ohio
Workplace type: Onsite
Company Industry: Automotive
We're ALTEN Technology USA
, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we've been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world's most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) Acceleration and Deceleration control functions, as well as tuning vehicle control systems.
The Vehicle Dynamics Systems Development Engineer (ADAS Systems) will coordinate/perform a full range of test/development activities relevant to departmental and organizational needs while correlating with Japan counterparts, international engineering teams as well as external vendors and customers.
Key Accountabilities Breakdown:
30% - Responsible for the development of the Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) Acceleration and Deceleration control functions, as well as tuning vehicle control systems.
20% - Develop the functional requirements related to CAN interface, Self-Diagnostic, Failsafe Detection for each vehicle development, working with the system supplier to lead the integration of these functions into the vehicle, as well as verification of the functions.
20& - Roles include project management activities, overseeing the testing of the related vehicle systems, negotiating the hardware and software interfaces to integrate the system into the vehicle, instrumenting and troubleshooting vehicles for testing, analyzing test data, and recommending solutions for test failures.
20% - Manage development projects/schedules, coordinate with corollary departments/suppliers and research new technologies and market trends
10% - Creating and presenting technical documents/reports
Essential Function and Requirements:
- Basic understanding of vehicle dynamics, steering control functions and experience for tuning vehicle control systems
- Basic understanding of requirements management, function validation, Diagnostics, and CAN structures.
- Hands on mechanical ability / Understanding of Vehicle systems
- Analytical skills to prepare prototype vehicles for testing
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues and propose solutions to those issues.
- Some travel domestic and internationally should be expected to visit various proving grounds, visit suppliers' engineering offices and production locations and support Client factories during pre-production launch timings.
- Valid driver's license required to operate vehicles on proving grounds.
- PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CANalyzer, CANape and other technical software)
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the willingness to pro-actively seek out information from others and convert concepts into specific requirements.
- Experience with data acquisition systems and Vector CAN tools is a plus.
- Basic understanding of electrical hardware fundamentals and software development process
- Strong presentation skills
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, OR Controls Engineering.
- Required Experience: 0-3 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Create Test Plan
- Create Automation Framework
- Develop Automation Script
- Test Automation Strategy
- Test Automation
- Execute Automated Tests