The Tack Truck Driver is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described below. The Tack Truck Driver's primary function is to safely and efficiently operate asphalt distributor.
• A valid Class 'B' CDL with a tanker endorsement is required
• Operate tack truck safely
• Load tack truck oil
• Cleaning and upkeep of tack truck
• Constant monitoring of temperature of oil and mix
• Work with asphalt crew to perform additional duties when tack truck is not in use
• Driving record within MVR policy guidelines
• Must have familiarity with the safe operation of construction and/or paving equipment
• Able to work day or night shifts as required
• Knowledge of all USDOT & FMCSA safety regulations
• Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to vehicle prior to operation
• Responsible for notifying supervisor if vehicle needs to be repaired
• Maintain completed pre and post trip DVIR
• Required to carry a current medical examiners certificate (FMCSR part 391.41)
• Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
• Demonstrates safety 1st
• Identifies and turns in near miss reports.
• Speaks up when sees unsafe act.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Tack Truck Driver. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
• Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
• Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Tack Truck Driver to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
• Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
• Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds and carry at least 30 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
• Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, lumber and other construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
• Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
• Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
• Capable of safely and productively operating a man-lift.
• The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
• Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Tack Truck Driver encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
• Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
• Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites or equipment shop such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and asphalt.
• Medical & Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Voluntary Term Life
• Long Term Disability
• Sick Leave
• Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
• 401(k) Plan
• Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. - Hubbard Construction Company - Northeast Paving - Sunmount Paving - Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources atBlythe Construction, Inc.: Phone:
Hubbard Construction Company: Phone:
Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC:Phone:
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
- Report Mechanical Failure
- Drive Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Road Transport
- Performs Routine Maintenance