By clicking the “Apply” button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that the information I provide in my application will be processed in line with Takeda’s [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to EMT-Paramedic - Plasma Center Nurse - Day 1 Benefits Package! and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to EMT-Paramedic - Plasma Center Nurse - Day 1 Benefits Package!. I further attest that all information I submit in my employment application is true to the best of my knowledge.
About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
The starting rate for this position is $19.70/hr. Employee may be eligible for Short Term and/or Long-Term incentive benefits. Employees may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental. Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Company Holidays, Personal & Vacation Days, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
This position will require 6-8 weeks of travel for training purposes. All travel expenses for training will be covered by the company and will include cost of flights, rental car, lodging, and meals. Travel home for the weekend may be permitted and can be discussed further in the interview process.
The Medical Support Specialist determines donor eligibility to donate plasma, management of donor adverse events, review of laboratory test results, donor notification of unsuitable test results. The Medical Support Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Center Manager (or Assistant Manager as applicable) for operational guidance and under the supervision of the Center Physician for medical issues. Ideally, the Medical Support Specialist will be familiar with regulations of the plasma collection industry and/or a manufacturing environment. The Medical Support Specialist follows guidance provided by BioLife Medical Affairs and provides center level support of environmental,
health and safety (EHS).
- Donor Eligibility (85%)
- Determine donor eligibility accurately and in a timely manner, to include, proper management of informed consent, AIDS education and confidential self-exclusion, medical history interview and acceptance requirements, physical examination, blood testing, and reviewing Serological Protein Electrophoresis (SPE) as required.
- Evaluate and manage donor reaction(s), which occurs at the facility as outlined in the SOPs. Follow applicable SOPs for medical emergencies including the execution of Center Physician’s standing orders and donor transport to emergency care facilities.
- Manage donor deferral; reviews test results and notify donors of unsuitable test results per applicable SOPs.
- Initiation and investigation of Post Donation Information (PDI).
- Refer to the Center Physician or Medical Affairs (as applicable) when in need of providing unacceptable findings to donors, problem solving, or guidance concerning medical or technical issues, including donor safety and eligibility.
- Demonstrate continued competency in the performance of job responsibilities and complete periodic assessment with the Center Physician per applicable SOPs.
- Assist the EHS program as required per SOPs or as requested by the EHS Manager (5%)
- Conduct pre-placement evaluation of new hires to include assessment of medical history questionnaire.
- Support the Hepatitis B and Seasonal Flu vaccination programs for employees as applicable.
- Maintain applicable employee medical records.
- Member of EHS site committee and assist in training of employees, as required.
- Manage employee incidents and determine whether further evaluation is required by occupational health/ER. Refer to EHS guidance regarding employee incidents.
- Administer first aid to employees as needed.
- Act as Pandemic Coordinator when authorized by EHS.
- Supports investigations associated with pandemic threats within local community as indicated by EHS or Medical Affairs.
- May perform all required duties in the area of Medical History (including, but not limited to): (10%)
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
Enter donor information into the Donor Information System (DIS).
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Effective coaching and counseling skills.
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Willingness to travel preferred. (less than 10%)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years in a clinical or hospital setting preferred.
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - AttleboroWorker Type
- Electronic Medical Record
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Life Support
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Basic First Aid