Coordinates and completes various projects related to Intermodal that improve company performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage different projects as assigned or prioritized by GM of Intermodal.
- Work with relevant stake holders to design, specify, and develop improvements in the scope of the project.
- Strategic development of programs and projects. These projects involve determining targets, deliverables, timelines, developing plans, managing the plan, coordinating and leading meetings, preparing next steps and status reports, and working with team members to resolve issues which relate to the intermodal business.
- Lead and manage multiple, complex work streams within and/or across program(s) and collaborate with various departments in a non-repetitive role.
- Provide support to execute the strategy of continuous improvements which focuses on key customers and financial metrics. This will be accomplished by managing key programs and projects, communicating progress, escalating challenges, and clear and timely communication to stakeholders.
- This will be a customer facing position responsible for communicating many project updates.
- Preform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, timely, accurate, and highly productive manner according to company policy.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and functions, which are essential to the position. Employees must be able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Accommodations will be evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential functions and other relevant factors.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain, or similar discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred: Lean Sensei, Six Sigma Black Belt
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to lead people.
- Demonstrated achievement in project completion of various scope and size.
- Demonstrated ability in driving continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively influence and partner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong team player.
- Computer aptitude in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, along with working knowledge of company software systems such as ERP system (Syteline) and HRIS system (Kronos) as project needs dictate.
Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Management Phases
- Corporate Project Management