Do you have the career opportunities as a Lactation Consultant you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse RN Lactation Consultant PRN a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RMC we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse RN Lactation Consultant PRN
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Lactation Consultant where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Lactation consultants are professional breastfeeding specialists trained to teach mothers how to feed their baby. They help women experiencing breastfeeding problems, such as latching difficulties, painful nursing, and low milk production. A lactation consultant also helps babies who aren't gaining enough weight.
- The Lactation Consultant provides lactation support services and clinical management for breastfeeding mother/infants, in collaboration with other healthcare professionals, families and significant others.
- Lactation Consultants are responsible for decisions and actions delineated by their professional certification to include assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of the breastfeeding mother and infant(s).
- Responsibilities also include identification/prevention of breastfeeding problems, complete accurate and timely documentation of care and communication with all involved in mother/infant(s) care.
- The Lactation Consultant role reflects knowledge of educational updates, new technology and research studies consistent with the International Lactation Consultant Association
- Must be a graduate from an accredited nursing program. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current Kansas licensure required.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) certification
- Demonstrates knowledge and practical application of theories and principles of ILCA.
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience in maternal/neonatal nursing.
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Lactation Consultant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Life Support
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Basic First Aid