Pay rate $24.00 per hour
Temp, may at some point be considered for hire
9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Associate Director, the HR Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for providing support to all Recruiters within the Agency. The HR Recruitment Coordinator provides assistance and works in concert with the HR Recruiter to fill open positions, works with the HR team in coordinating, implementing and maintaining human resources systems and ensuring productivity and efficiency throughout the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that candidates have appropriate credentials and references prior to offers of employment being made. Complete telephone reference checks to meet Agency requirements.
- With required approvals post/update position job advertisements internally, on the New York State Department of Labor Website, College Job Boards and remove internal positing’s when applicant is cleared.
- Screen resumes and provide the Recruiter with qualified applicants in accordance with job requirements and applicant qualifications.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforce regulations with managers; recommend new procedures; conduct training.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Perform other Human Resources duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Prior related experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with HRIS or similar database programs
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- May be required to lift at least 10 lbs.
- Ability to stretch and bend in order to retrieve files.
- Must be able to read printed & handwritten materials, and computer screens.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Will be required to speak for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel to various locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.
- Human Resources
- Microsoft Excel
- Training And Development