Confidential Nursing Home -
Must have proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Religious and/or Health Exemptions May be Available for Qualifying Employees
SUMMARY: The Activity Director provides ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop and plan activities including, but not limited to:
- Group social activities
- Spiritual programs and attendance at houses of worship
- Provide opportunities for resident involvement in planning and implementation of activities
- Creative activities such as arts, crafts, music, drama and educational programs
- Exercise activities
- Promotion of facility and community interaction
- Prepare, plan and coordinate a monthly calendar of activities
- Oversight of Activity Aides
- Train, and supervise volunteers when appropriate
- Assess resident needs and develop resident activities goals for the written care plan
- Encourage residents to participate in activities and document appropriately
- Review resident goals and progress notes
- Properly document MDS reports and progress notes
- Participate with the Administrator in developing the activity budget, including creatively sourcing funds
- Foster relationships of family members and community partners that may assist in supporting the Activity department
- Attend care plan meetings, QAPI, and department head meetings as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of a training course for Activity Directors
- 2 years minimum of experience in a social or recreational program
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Elevate Care is a fully integrated post-acute care consortium offering 24-hour skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation, post-hospital recovery and many more clinical specialized programs. We not only provide the highest quality of care, we take it to the next level. Elevate Care is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and much more.
Elevate Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer