Garden Way Retirement Community -
Job Title: Non CDL Driver – Garden Way
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $15 - $17 an hour
At Sunshine Retirement Living we are looking for People who have Passion for serving with Excellence. Our teams strive each day to create a community where seniors can enjoy life and create connections. Our mission is simple “People, Passion and Excellence” (aren’t we clever, sneaking that into the first sentence!).
When we find team members with the heart to serve our residents, we do our best to ensure that as a company we are serving you. We invest in you with job specific training programs, career pathing, regular wage increases, and leadership who is committed to your personal success. Working in our communities isn’t just a job but a large part of where you choose to spend your time and your work does not go unnoticed.
We know your passion is people, not reading, but you’re still here so let us share a few more great reasons to join the Sunshine team! We understand the importance of your physical and mental health and creating a healthy work/life balance. That’s why our view on benefits is holistic-
• Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid Time Off- doesn’t matter if you are full or part time; getting time away from work without sacrificing your income is important in maintaining that healthy balance.
• Speaking of PTO- you work hard, and we want to help celebrate you! We do this by giving additional PTO for your birthday!
• Free Employee Assistance Program which includes counseling and comprehensive personal supports. Our EAP is not only for team members but their family as well.
• MDLive - a virtual medical program to help you quickly see a provider for treatment and prescriptions
• Our communities are proud of the top-notch culinary programs that we provide to our residents, and we can’t ask you to work all day without having a break to enjoy as well! Who else provides free shift meals created by executive chefs?
• Live in the moment but plan for the future- Sunshine has a 401K plan and we offer company matching after 1 year of service.
We can’t possibly go through all the great benefits you get by working at Sunshine Retirement Living. See all the perks and their details by going to our website. We’ll make it easy-
Now that we’ve got you hooked let’s give you an overview and see if the position is fit for you!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Must know how to operate the mechanical lift on the vehicle, both hydraulically and manually (if applicable).
• Drive the Community van or other vehicles to and from required destinations staying within 100 air mile radius and within state lines.
• Assist residents with walkers and groceries on and off the vehicle, as needed, and appropriately secure walkers when in motion.
• Complete daily vehicle inspection and daily hours of service log reports following all DOT & State regulations.
• Ability to drive the Community van or other vehicles, meeting all federal, state, and provincial driving regulations and requirements.
• Ability to work a flexible shift and schedule, including weekends.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be 21 years of age to drive a Non-CDL Class C vehicle.
- Prospective drivers must have a valid license, have a good driving record with passenger endorsement, if applicable.
- Truck Maintenance
- Safe Driving Record
- Delivery Reports