You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Pets First Veterinary Clinic is offering a full-time veterinary technician position. We are looking for individuals who will exhibit the passion for our mission of providing exceptional medical care to our patients and excellent customer service to our clients. Your daily responsibilities will include patient handling and care, client communication and education, surgical monitoring and procedures, laboratory and in-house diagnostic procedures, and hospital cleanliness. We ensure each member of our support team is equipped with the tools and training that they need to operate effectively in every area of the hospital.
We are a very busy full-service, integrative practice in the Lakeview neighborhood looking for a detail and team-oriented technician to join our team. We offer preventative medicine, dentistry, soft-tissue and oral surgery, and some alternative treatments, such as acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and therapeutic cold laser. Our optimistic and friendly environment is made up of a compassionate and enthusiastic team consisting of four doctors and 12 support staff including Customer Service Representatives, Veterinary Assistants, and Veterinary Technicians. Our seasoned veterinary team works together to be the solution for our clients and ourselves. Our technicians are relied upon by our entire team for their knowledge, client education, and skill set. You will enjoy your working environment while we provide you with the resources necessary to achieve your career goals.
Veterinary Technician Responsibilities:
- Triaging patients and taking their vitals, and acquiring patient history and other information from clients.
- Assisting with diagnostic procedures.
- Discussing treatment plans and estimates, and payment options with clients.
- Acquiring cephalic, saphenous and jugular blood samples.
- Inserting IV catheters, and monitoring anesthesia, ventilators and fluid therapy.
- Operating autoclaves and Anprolene sterilizers.
- Processing specimens in in-house laboratory and submitting specimens to outside laboratories.
- Calculating medication dosages, and providing dosage instructions for clients.
- Entering patients' service charges into computer database and keeping accurate patient records.
- Explaining patient instructions to clients and sharing educational materials.
- At least one year experience working as a veterinary technician in a veterinary setting. (Certification preferred but not required, resources to help you get to that next level are available.)
- Proficient in surgical preparation and monitoring utilizing SurgiVet monitors, intravenous catheter placement, venipuncture, digital radiology and emergency procedures.
- Able to prepare, read, and interpret laboratory results including urinalysis, blood smears, intestinal parasite screenings, and skin/ear cytology.
- Accomplished communicator with interpersonal and client-service skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Competent computer skills including both Microsoft and Apple system software.
- Compassion and positive can-do attitude.
We are hiring for one full-time position of 38-40 hours weekly. We offer a fantastic benefits package, including healthcare, 401k and profit sharing, paid vacation, sick days, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and discounts for pet care. If interested, please submit your resume and application. We look forward to hearing from you and will be in touch soon!
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MjM2Nzo3Mjk2MDM
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.