- Supports and upholds safety programs to ensure that workers follow safe work practices, maintain appropriate PPE in regulated areas, decrease safety risks, and prevent incidents with ongoing improvements.
- Value of the Person (VOP) philosophy should be backed up. All workers should be treated with respect. Employees should be treated fairly by the supervisor because they are our most valuable resource.
- Uphold a high degree of quality and make sure that all checks and balances are in place. Cutting corners is never acceptable; quality always comes first.
- Prepare shift reports, update JSA, and address quality issues, safety instructions, and other pressing issues with employees in daily toolbox talks.
- A mindset of innovation is necessary. Searching for people who challenge the status quo and are always seeking for ways to better.
- Ideas could come from process innovations, job combinations, new equipment, or lean manufacturing.
- 3 years of comparable experience in a setting relevant to production, or an associate's degree
- Engineering or a closely related technical or business sector bachelor's degree desired.
- Preferable experience with green sand foundries
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Knowledge of an ERP system, preferably SAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Establishing and sustaining a 5S program with success
- Ability to lead and inspire others, finish numerous projects quickly, and collaborate well.
- Organize oneself, be accountable, be driven by one's own interests, and offer suggestions to improve operations and safety performance.
- 401(k) matching
You should be proficient in:
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Scheduling Experience
- Injection Molding Experience
Machines & technologies you'll use:
$28 - $34 / hr
- Technical Support
- Problem Solving
- Provide Actionable Feedback