- Responsible for leading, directing, and managing Pharmacists and Pharmacy Operations Manager performance and ensuring team member engagement. Ensures the professional growth and development of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Operations Manager.
- Responsible for driving overall compliance and business results of the pharmacy across operations, quality, clinical outcomes, and growth.
- Ensures proper pharmacy practice including but not limited to monitoring/evaluating/implementing prescription drug orders, dispensing prescription drug and device orders, educating patients on the proper use or delivery of medication, providing immunizations, completing drug regimen reviews, providing patient counseling, and medication therapy management. Responsible for compounding and labeling of drugs and devices and proper and safe storage of drugs and devices.
- Acts as a full-time pharmacist in their home store.
Responsible for fulfilling Pharmacist-in-Charge (PIC) requirements, upholding the board of pharmacy, state, and federal law,ensuring all pharmacy personnel complies with all requirements of federal and state pharmacy and drug laws, rules, and regulations and providing direction and supervision of Pharmacy Operations Manager, pharmacy technicians, interns, and pharmacists.Customer Experience
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer complaints, helps respond to customers’ requests in a timely manner, and answers questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience. Monitors customer service provided by team members and offers reminders, training, encouragement, and develops plans for improvement.
- Develops strong relationships with customers by anticipating customer needs and proactively offering services. Enhances customer experience by increasing focus on healthcare services to improving health outcomes and quality of life.
People & Performance Management
- Upholds the compliance and state licensure requirements as mandated by state legislation and the Board of Pharmacy. Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance with all regulations, company policies and standards.
- Counsels patients and answers their questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, generics, therapeutic interchanges, over-the-counter products, and refers to a medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken properly and health needs addressed
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management. Reviews, interprets, and accurately dispenses prescribed medications.
- Accountable for ensuring the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions are followed by all pharmacy personnel. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process Pharmacist has the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the elements of Good Faith are present.
- Accountable for safe medication storage, diversion monitoring and other key pharmacy inventory activities.
- Follows-up with medical providers’ offices to clarify prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions and, allergies to suggest alternative medications and answer medical provider questions.
- Provides retail, clinical, wellness, and other preventive healthcare services (i.e., immunizations).
- Partners with Central Pharmacy Operations for customer registration, 3rd party reviews, and assists with resolving customer issues. In virtual environments, conducts virtual product reviews by following specific company procedures and guidelines.
Training & Personal Development
- Supervises the Pharmacy Operations Manager’s execution of pharmacy operations, including but not limited to record-keeping and auditing, inventory, pharmacy maintenance, and core pharmacy workflow
- Supervises Staff Pharmacists in execution of core pharmacist duties, including but not limited to patient care, provision of healthcare services (i.e. immunizations) collaboration with medical providers’ offices, and inventory management
- Makes hiring, promotion and performance management decisions. Addresses issues and disciplines store team members, engages with Employee Relations and Human Resources as appropriate.
- Develops employee performance improvement plans and follows up according to deadlines.
- Monitors and approves team member compensation.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing expectations, tracking results, showing enthusiasm, and sharing vision.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies, applicable employment laws, and is consistently fair in the treatment of all team members.
- Communicates regularly with team members through one-on-one discussions, group meetings, soliciting input, answering questions, and ensuring communication lines are open between management and non-management team members.
- Maintains and enhances current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals, company publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of developments in pharmacy care and pursues best practices that would enhance performance and health outcomes through proper execution of standard operating procedures. Stays up-to-date on state/ federal law and policy changes.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits, and completes training such as LTMP e-modules as required by the Company. Follows performance improvement plans offered by Store Manager.
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one’s performance, solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages District Manager and/or Healthcare Supervisor as mentor and coach.
Business Performance Management
- Serves as liaison between pharmacy, district, area, and support center to provide a communication channel, respond to requests, provide feedback, and implement initiatives.
- Conducts community outreach.
- Identifies sales opportunities to ensure the growth and performance of the pharmacy.
- Responsible for analyzing performance data, including pharmacy financial, customer service, and inventory. Manages pharmacy asset protection activities and oversees inventory management through Pharmacy Operations Manager.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with the local medical community, including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Collaborates and builds strategic partnerships that result in win-win results.
- Staff Management
- Relationship Building
- Training And Development
- Performance Management
- Business Administration
- Regulatory Compliance