*This role is based in our Honolulu office and candidates must live on Oahu and come in to the office M-F 8a-5p HST.*
WHO WE ARE:
Makai HR is a Professional Employer Organization started in 2018. We provide local businesses with outsourced HR solutions so that our customers can dedicate their full attention to running their businesses. We are committed to supporting Hawaii’s business community with reliable, cost-effective HR solutions.
Our HR Team is responsible for addressing all of our clients concerns by providing HR best practices and guidance.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist who will provide comprehensive HR and compliance support to our clients in a variety of industries. We are looking for someone who is a fast-learner, collaborative, and thrives in a dynamic and face-paced work environment. This position will be responsible for providing solutions for a wide variety of HR inquiries and projects related to employment best practices, compliance, employee relations, and leave management.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Makai HR is a start-up company. This is an amazing opportunity to take all of your knowledge, experience and skills and put them towards BUILDING something really special. New challenges present themselves which means we’re constantly learning, building and tweaking processes, and re-defining what success looks like for ourselves. Our environment is dynamic and ever evolving, and for the person seeking change and growth, this might be the perfect place.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• Minimum of 3 years HR experience
• Experience in all functions of Human Resources
• Adhere to and exemplify our Core Values
- We’ve got this
- Solutions not problems
- Time Matters
- Clients Matter
- Avoid Drama
• Proven ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong preference to work closely and collaboratively with a team and other departments
• Proven ability to multi-task and execute duties from inception to completion
• Strong time-management, organization, and prioritization abilities
• Proven ability to serve and work dynamically across all levels of an organization
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
• Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Professional HR certification (aPHR, PHR) a plus but not required
THIS ROLE WILL CONTRIBUTE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
• Serve as strategic thought partner by providing guidance, best practices, and trainings to clients on topics related to the entire employee life cycle such as but not limited to: recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, progressive discipline, compliance concerns, FLSA statutes, unemployment and TDI claims, and policy interpretations
• Partners with cross-functional internal teams to triage issues to ensure client success by providing timely responses and solutions
• Responsible for spearheading initiatives that maintain the integrity and compliance of client’s HR records and practices
• Case Management: Creating and documenting all inquiries from intake to resolution
• Responsible for reviewing and updating/creating company policies that are compliant with all Local State and Federal labor laws
• Responsible for compiling and completing required state and federal reports
• Collaborate with internal HR Dept to identify areas for process improvements
• Other tasks as needed
- Human Resources Information System (Hris)
- Hr Management Systems
- Employee Benefits