You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
As a critical part of the HR Team at CommuniCare Family of Companies, the benefits specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of benefits including dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and spending accounts. The benefits specialist is a subject matter expert, is comfortable speaking in front of others, provides excellent customer service, and is attentive to detail.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Fields benefits inquiries from Vendors on confirmation of coverage for employees, provides requested data, and assists with other updates as needed.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Helps distribute benefits materials and confirms eligibility.
- Helps process leave-of-absence benefits-related items.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Maintains a good, working relationship with internal partners such as Accounting and Payroll teams as well as external partners such as Vendor contacts.
- Supports HR & Benefits teams through Mergers & Acquisitions.
• Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Is able to multi-task and can quickly move from one task to another.
Education and Experience:
• Associate’s degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
• Two years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
• Two years’ experience with Workday or other HRIS/HCM systems for record-keeping
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field of study.
- Human Resources Information System (Hris)
- Welfare Plans
- Benefits Coordination
- Welfare Benefits
- Word Processing
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MjM2Nzo3Njk1MzI
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.