We at Mercedes-Benz of West Chester are in search of a qualified Business Development Center operator. This is a critical position, the BDC operator may be the first contact our customers have with the dealership.
As a privately held family business earning, and keeping the trust of our customers, employees and community is what drives us.
A positive attitude with a heart-felt service mentality is a requirement for this position.
- Successful candidates will be very detail oriented and able to function in a high paced environment while providing excellent customer service. A professional, pleasant, and clear phone voice is needed with a strong desire to assist the customer. You will be working with other individuals performing BDC tasks, so a team attitude is imperative.
- Medical insurance, no monthly premium for the employee! Spouse and/or dependents can be added for a monthly premium.
- Dental, vision insurance is available
- Life insurance provided at no cost
- 401(k) with company contribution
- HSA, and short-term disability also available.
- Paid vacation and Holidays
- FMLA extended to employees satisfying federal requirements.
- Employee discounts available on new vehicle purchases and all vehicle service and parts.
- Opportunities for advancement in a professional and respectful work environment
Additional critical qualifications include:
- Customer engagement experience in person and on the phone
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer & phone skills
- Prior sales, service BDC, receptionist, call center, or BDC experience preferred
- Appointment setting experience a plus
- Great communication skills
- Able to multi-task under pressure
- Team player
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screens - background and drug test.
Essential Duties –
- Communicate effectively with our customers via Phone, Internet, or Text.
- Check email frequently and respond to customer inquiries immediately.
- Learn and follow our process.
- Set appointments for our customers to meet with our service consultants.
- Study, learn and maintain knowledge of the vehicles we service.
- Learn and maintain a thorough knowledge of Dealership policies, products, and procedures.
- Establish personal goals that are consistent with the productivity requirements of the Dealership.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Self-Starter, manages time and adapt to conditions
- Always conducts themselves professionally and works well under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment
Dealership experience is considered a plus when applying. Automotive knowledge would also be an asset. Applicant must pass a drug screen, driver license and background check to qualify for employment. Prefer a non-smoker.
Job Type: Full-time
• High school or equivalent
- Customer Service
- Electronic Medical Record
- Scheduling Appointments
- Clerical Works
- Appointment Scheduling